Author Topic: MPS all bad? Or good? tell me your experience  (Read 20029 times)

Offline alexander-vmann

MPS all bad? Or good? tell me your experience
« on: February 28, 2013, 06:52:20 AM »
so i want to convert my kx250f or possibiliy build a kx500af. but the only one i can find to make a frame kit is mps. And all i've ever heard from guys buying such kits is bad! Wich makes me thin. Does anyone have a good experience with mps?
KX 500 newbie

my bike: 1993 kx500

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: MPS all bad? Or good? tell me your experience
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 07:03:03 AM »
Hello.
You might want to check out a previous thread.
http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,10927.0.html
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline alexander-vmann

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 07:14:40 AM »
Hello.
yes thank you i've allready seen that topic!. wich is why i started this one. i mean all the fabrication of mps could not possibili be that bad. Someone has to have a good experience!  :?
KX 500 newbie

my bike: 1993 kx500

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:37:37 AM »
Good luck with that.

Motorrad

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:38:10 AM »
Hello.
yes thank you i've allready seen that topic!. wich is why i started this one. i mean all the fabrication of mps could not possibili be that bad. Someone has to have a good experience!  :?

if somone has... I havnt met them...

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »
I can say that everytime I have heard someone speak of MPS it was in a very unsatisfied negative way. :|
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline alward25

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »
I am surprised he still does any business.  He has botched more jobs and robbed more people than the gov't :lol:
"Let there be light"

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 12:36:33 PM »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »
hehe...that struck a nerve on MPS's end!!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 01:48:32 PM »
If someone said that about my business I'd be mad too but I would handle it a bit differently...
His attitude is  probably half his problem.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 01:50:38 PM »
I remember Shlepys post/thread a couple years ago.....ugh, I don't blame any of his customers for trashing his work.
Hopefully he's gotten better.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »
  He is a bitch!!!!

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 02:58:22 PM »
Looking at the welds they look to have good penetration but do not have the 'stack of dimes' look everyone wants. It does not make them bad welds. At least the ones I see. The brackets look a bit wonky though. Bad if the mounts have to be ground or modified to make parts fit too.
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline RoostiusMaximus

• Millar Racing Engines
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 09:10:38 PM »
I have scooters crf450/500 honda conversion chassis here at my place to be redone right now. It's beyond crude.
Besides the welding abilities there are plenty of bs aspects of an MPS bike like the plumbing component air bots etc. I'll be the first guy to tell you that a plumbing coupler rubber clamp is what I use for the aluminum airboot to carb fittings but I cut it off at 1" wide and it looks like a stock piece. The mps parts are that coupler with a pvc piece and some stack of multiple hose clamps that's all either sit against the chassis or the shock so he can try and get away with using the stock 4 stroke airboot. It's just hopelessly patched together work.
The engines he sells if you buy a complete bike are very hit and miss too. I worked on an engine from a bike he sold that when it was delivered had no 4th gear, turned out 3rd on the one shaft, both 4ths and a 5th were all screwed along with a fork. Customer are all the expense.  Not my idea of buying a freshly built bike.

Every couple of months or so I get a facebook message from George wanting to know if I can sell him an engine. Then he'll send some compliments out etc until he reads another brutally honest post with something mps I've run into and he'll start into the beaking off again.

The welds aren't penetrated properly, I've seen what looks like mig and tig work from him. Both aren't any good. The way he did a gen5 honda for Charles stowers had the rads not fitting and by that I mean they leaned out off the frame at 30* just to have the tanks sit on the modified and moved up butchered Y piece. There wasn't a hope in hell of that combination ever working. Theyd even tried to fit the engine in the frame but had to use a skid steer to stress the rails apart enough to get the cases in the mounts.

It's all been 100% garbage from what I've seen.