Author Topic: new guy from england u.k  (Read 2635 times)

Offline tricky

new guy from england u.k
« on: December 30, 2012, 10:13:02 AM »
hi all, thought i would put up a few lines as an introduction, the names tricky, and i am a long time kawasaki nut, bought my first kh 250 back in 78, and have had various triples and zee's, over the years, my current road bike is a kz1000 and is a blast to ride :-D
 after finishing with the territorial army 5 years back[after a couple of tours of iraq], i got back into dirtbike riding to fill in my weekends, first on a kdx 250, but as the authorities make it so difficult to trail ride here, i sold it, and bought a 2003 kx 250 m3  as we have a good choice of mx practice tracks here in the north east of england.
my son comes and rides with me, at first he had a 2006 kx 125, but now he rides a 2009 kxf 250, last month we bought a 1992 kx 500 to restore and ride, i cant wait till its finnished and ride the thing, looking forward to using the site and seeing what goes on here, bye for now tricky.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: new guy from england u.k
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 10:23:20 AM »
Welcome tricky....so you want to "see what goes on here" huh...boy you're screwed now!! :evil:...just kiddin.Feel free to snap a couple pics of your bikes and post em up!...I've got a punched out 81 KZ1000 that's now a 1200...and I've got a Wiseco 1400cc Big Block kit for it too....I just need to find ALOT more carburation to go that route.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »
Welcome Tricky.
This site is great for learning all sorts of cool Kawi tricks.
I hope you don't mind spending some dough because the info here is addicting  :-o
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline tricky

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 04:41:24 AM »
thanks for the welcome guys, foxx ya got to love them ol zee's i will put up pics of the bikes as soon as i can get some dry bright weather to take pics.

sandblaster, i may as well just give my paycheck to the kawasaki parts man :-D i am never out of the dealers!  looked at some cool modifications on this site yesterday, $$$$$$ all the way!

sorry it has taken so long to post a few pics, but life has jus got in the way lately! anyways, the kx and zee are my rides, the kxf is my sons, we are both going to use the 500 when its finished, I have been waating 2 months just for a pair of wheel rims! hope you like the pics bye for now tricky.     
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:08:43 PM by tricky »

Offline tricky

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 11:10:18 PM »
bump!

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 03:07:30 AM »
Nice rides!
Don't know how I missed the pic posts but it appears that I'm not the only one  :roll:
Thanks!
Keep us up to date on your progress.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.