Author Topic: woods gearing  (Read 7608 times)

Offline brushymtkfive

Re: woods gearing
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 01:29:39 PM »
Does anyone know if at some point Kawi made a 500 with a long enough shaft to be able to drop a tooth up front? It cannot be done on my 92 because the rivets of the oring chain will hit the casing. As a matter of fact there's rub marks on mine and i run a 14.

Offline deicide76

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 02:50:17 PM »
if I want a 14 should I just run a non o ring chain

Offline The Flyin Hawaiian

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »
I use DID X Ring chains. They are narrower than standard o rings chains.
A couple of 03 and 04 KXs, a few YZs, 3 PE 400s, a DR and a TS.

Motorrad

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 04:20:45 PM »
I use DID X Ring chains. They are narrower than standard o rings chains.

They even make a extra narrow one if you look hard.   Rockey mountain atv carrys them

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 07:38:34 AM »
i have 15/48 now, so mabey i will try 14/51. i would like to try to find a bigger rear , but all i can find is a 51. hope the 14/51 will change the bike alot.

Not to get off topic,but have you used the "search" option to see what some of the other members are doing besides sprocket changes for trails?
What type of pipe are you running..woods/torque or desert/top-end?.This can make a huge difference as well.I had an FMF woods on mine,and decided to get a new one just because the old one was getting a little rusty...the ad clearly stated "WOODS" pipe,but it came as a desert....but,the desert pipe actually made it a whole lot easier to ride in the trails...the woods pipe was a handful after an hour of non-stop trail riding(tons of torque).The desert pipe is much smoother down low and does'nt rip your arms off...nor does it sign off anywhere near as soon as the woods pipe....I'm talkin the second I click into 5th,it was done pulling with the woods pipe!.With the desert,it's still pullin hard after clickin in 5th for awhile.
Another option,that I have yet to try,and probably won't because I have no need for one...is a reed spacer.There's alot of good info in here about them,and a few members seem to love them for the woods.
Another option is a flywheel weight.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:53:06 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ