Author Topic: 89-04 pipe/silencer on a pre 89 bike  (Read 1658 times)

Offline kkvslayer

89-04 pipe/silencer on a pre 89 bike
« on: August 26, 2012, 05:36:26 PM »
I put a 89-04 FMF Gnarly/Turbinecore on my 86 today,honestly it seems to fit better then the PC Platinum that is made for my 86,It took me about an hour in total,3/4 of which was spent digging around for bits and pieces to use for the undertank mount,The silencer bolts right up to both mounts and actually works better cause it angles ever so slightly outwards which will eliminate the tire rub on the rough stuff,The rear pipe mount is useless where it is but could be cut off and welded more to the rear if you really wanted to,The mount near the spigot requires some thinking,I used a spring hooked to a tab that I put on the upper left stator cover bolt for now till I can figure something out,Its too close to the downtube to effectivly use any springs that I have onhand,I ran it today without that spring without issues,When I get a chance Im gonna get a tab welded to the downtube and use a nut/bolt with a rubber damper,The PC only has the undertank mount,There is more clearance between the downtubes and pipe,more clearance between the tank and pipe and like I said the silencer has more clearance from the tire,Just thought I would Share this for anyone thinking about buying a pipe for a model that is discontinued,It is a simple process that you can do easily
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:27:51 AM by Danger4u2 »