Author Topic: running vp u4.4 racing fuel in kx60?  (Read 10667 times)

Offline chris-mets

running vp u4.4 racing fuel in kx60?
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:55:23 AM »
hey guys,

I was wondering about running vp u4.4 racing fuel that I would get for my kx60. It says its leaded so i dont know if i can run this? Is there any of these fuels i can run on the link below ? How will the bike run with this? Would there be a noticeable difference do you guys think? Also what oil do you guys recommend me mix with this fuel? This is the link of the fuel:

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/motocross.html

Thanks
Chris
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 11:30:01 AM by chris-mets »
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: running vp-110 racing fuel in kx60?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »
yeah you can run the leaded....you can run it straight or mix it with premium pump gas,but unless you're getting it for free,I would'nt run it straight....or you might as well dump your piggy-bank/wallet into the tank. :|.Don't have the expectations that you're pouring horsepower in your tank....you will notice a differance,but in the way of how it'll run.It will be much smoother and crispier...and it'll smell good. :-D.As for oil...what are you using now.I use Bel-Ray,but there's alot of good oils out there you can use....just try to stick with whichever you choose.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline don46

Re: running vp u4.4 racing fuel in kx60?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:10 PM »
I would NOT mix the U4.4 with pump gas, for that matter any oxygenated fuel with pump gas, you could mix c-12 or c-16 with decent results. oxygenated fuels can and do make more hp, will you notice a difference, maybe. VP does have some claims that you can get pretty significant gains with some of their fuels but at over $25 per gallon they are not for trail riding, either deep pockets or serious competition.

So to answer your question, I'll ask a question, why do you want to run expensive gasoline, are you going to race? or just play ride. if just to play ride save your money, 4.4 is expensive to
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:02:23 PM »
I would NOT mix the U4.4 with pump gas, for that matter any oxygenated fuel with pump gas, you could mix c-12 or c-16 with decent results. oxygenated fuels can and do make more hp, will you notice a difference, maybe. VP does have some claims that you can get pretty significant gains with some of their fuels but at over $25 per gallon they are not for trail riding, either deep pockets or serious competition.

So to answer your question, I'll ask a question, why do you want to run expensive gasoline, are you going to race? or just play ride. if just to play ride save your money, 4.4 is expensive to

Ahhhh....he changed the title from "Running VP C12" to "Running VP U4.4" while I was typing my post.So Chris-Mets.....the answer is now NO you cannot.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 01:18:51 PM »
Yeah sorry that I changed the title. I realized that fuel was more for dirt cars. I am trying to do as many mods to my kx60 cause I love it so much. I might take it to englishtown when I can drive there.

Is it really 25$ a gallon??? My friend said it was around $8 because he buys the vp stuff for his dirt car.

When Im talking about mixing it I dont mean with other gas, I meant mixing the vp fuel with what oil. sorry for not being clear.

Out of that whole list on that link, which one do you guys think would be the best? Right now my bike is wiseco crank and wiseco piston, full pro circuit exhaust, and some body mods. I am running joegibbs xp3 oil too. I ordered that kx80 carb to put on. I am planning on a vforce3 soon too.

Thanks
Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline don46

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »
What I said is SOME of their fuels are $25 per gallon, I don't remember about the 4.4, I didn't like it so I don't use it.

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »
c12 is a direct replacement for pump gas. Its good fuel, and will make your bike run well. It will not have the poor shelf life of pump gas. U4.4 is oxygenated fuel and will perform a bit better, but not likely worth your time and money, to play ride. You will have to re-jet and oxygenated fuels are high maintenance because the oxygenated ingredients evaporate quickly. Look into the vforce reeds, they help alot with performance, and also do your homework on jetting correctly for conditions. look at the pro circuit website and find the jetting recommendations. As long as you are stock compression and pump gas, I have found their set-up to be very close. tuning does alot for performance. gearing also makes huge changes to the feel of your bike.

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 12:57:04 AM »
I wouldnt use an oxygenated fuel if I were you.  I dont think you have a real need for it.  What I would look into is the C10.  Its a little more like a high octane pump gas.  The C12 is a good all-around fuel, but I still dont think you would need that in  a KX60.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline don46

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 03:07:27 AM »
I also don't think you have enough motor to run straight C-12, if you don't have the compression it will run worse than with pump gas. Hillclimb42 is right some of these gases are very tempremental, if you leave them in your tank they go bad, you need to drain every time and store in a metal sealed container. they will go bad in plastic cans as well, I store all my race gases in Metal Jerry cans, do you know how hard it is to find NEW metal jerry cans with a metal lid. I have heard ( not personell experience) that the u4.4 will evaporate and leave solid particles in your carb, then forcing you to clean the carb.

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 03:44:28 AM »
I would love if I could make high compression mods for my kx60 but no one really cares about the little bikes with those mods.

So should I get c10 or c12? They are both non-oxygenated fuels but c12 is leaded and c10 is unleaded. I am liking the c12 because of the way higher octane. I just looked into prices and for a 5 gallon pail of c10 is $95 and its the same for c12. That is around $19 per gallon. Am I better just doing other upgrades instead and sticking with super 93 octane gas and just buying belray h1r?

Thanks
Chris
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:21:15 AM by chris-mets »
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline don46

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »
stick with the 93, save your money your going to need it when the crf blows up

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »
I agree, stick with 93 and use a quality oil.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
Alright Im gonna stick with the 93 and buy some belray h1r. Where do you guys order belray oil from other than ebay?

Im selling the crf to have more money for a car and put more upgrades for my kx.
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline cbrfrenzie

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 03:26:14 PM »
As for running higher compression on your KX60 you could always pick up the Cometic High Compression Top End Gasket kit.  Here is one example:  http://www.powersportparts.net/COMETIC-GASKET-KIT-KX60-RM60-C7517-p/68-7517.htm  I am running one in my sons KX60 running 100LL and Klotz at 32:1 with no problems.  You will have to jet differently though.  You should also check out the Eric Gorr intake boost port mod for the Kx60 as well, that was a very worth while mod that took less then an hour.   :-D