Author Topic: KX500  (Read 21630 times)

Offline dieselcamper01

Re: KX500
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 03:16:26 PM »
OH YEAH! That really does sound like fun. Anyone know of snow mobile rentals and trails in AZ?

I would assume in the Flagstaff area you can sled but I have never checked. Lots of snow though. Sledding is my all time favorite thing to do.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »
I've ridden Jet ski's and I've ridden wet bikes.  When you guys say Jet ski are you talking about the stand up type?  I found you need to be in good shape to ride a Jet ski.
Fun when your riding them but a hand full.  Can't sit on them when your stopped.  Wet bikes I really enjoyed, a bike on water.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2012, 01:38:29 AM »
I've ridden Jet ski's and I've ridden wet bikes.  When you guys say Jet ski are you talking about the stand up type?  I found you need to be in good shape to ride a Jet ski.
Fun when your riding them but a hand full.  Can't sit on them when your stopped.  Wet bikes I really enjoyed, a bike on water.

I've ridden both...sit on type,and stand up type....and they just don't give me the "thrill" that dirtbikes and snowmobiles do.I will say that they are great to cruise around on,on a really hot and humid day,I'd rather ride one of them rather than swim. :-D   
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, 02:26:05 AM »
Sort of like a quad then? I mean I get bored on quads. They're fun and all, for a while, but there have only been a couple quads I really got into riding. It seems like they just never have enough power or adrenaline factor or whatever. Why can't a company take their 180+HP crotch rocket motor and design something smaller and more lightweight with half the HP?  The 2012 EBR crotch rockets are 380lb twins with 175hp. Of course I don't have 40k for a donor, just saying it totally could be done. I would love a "tame" 100HP quad.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2012, 03:32:01 AM »
I would love a "tame" 100HP quad.

now you're talkin my lingo!! :evil:

quads don't do anything for me either.There have been times I wish I had a small one with racks for when I do trail clean-up....would be easier than walking carrying a chainsaw....but if I was gonna go that route,I think a Kawasaki Mule would be better.You'd at least have a built-in beer holder :-D

The one bad/scary thing about the sit on type jet ski's/wave runners is,if you're going 50,60,70mph skimmin across the lake/ocean,and you need to steer out of the way of something,and you let off the throttle and turn the handlebars....you KEEP going straight.You have to keep the throttle on if you need to turn.I found out the hard way :x.A few years ago here in the Boston area,a guy and his girlfriend took a friends for a ride for the 1st time...no experience.Unfortuneately the owner did'nt explain this to his friend,and he and his girlfriend were flyin around,came upon a long dock,and he let off the gas and went straight into the dock...smashing his head on it,and was killed instantly.The girlfriend survived,but was pretty badly injured.

Just something to REMEMBER if you ever get on one. :wink: 
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 04:09:59 AM »

I've ridden both...sit on type,and stand up type....and they just don't give me the "thrill" that dirtbikes and snowmobiles do.I will say that they are great to cruise around on,on a really hot and humid day,I'd rather ride one of them rather than swim. :-D   

I demod many Sea-Doo's but tried a 750 "stand up" back in the early 90's with ZERO sucess, I just could not get the hang of those dam stand ups. I am not a watercraft guy, the Sea Doos while they are fun, get boring after a while.
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2012, 11:17:55 AM »
haha...I'm with ya there Polar.It took me a whole summer before I could even "stay on the full 8 seconds" :?....by the end of the following summer I was lucky,and proud of myself for being able to stay on for a minute(give or take a few seconds).After that,I had enough and got rid of it.If I ever decide to jump on one again(highly unlikely)...I'd be putting on full mx gear...there were many times I could'nt get away from the dam thing when going down/bailing out...elbows and shins took a whoopin :cry:   

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2012, 04:55:17 PM »
Oh Yeah really talk'm up guys. I've been thinking that a superjet should be my next Toy. Maybe with a really big 2-smoke motor? Now you go & rain on my "wet" dream. Are they really that bad I know how a 4 wheeler gets boring but...
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »
Oh Yeah really talk'm up guys. I've been thinking that a superjet should be my next Toy. Maybe with a really big 2-smoke motor? Now you go & rain on my "wet" dream. Are they really that bad I know how a 4 wheeler gets boring but...

no,I'm not trying to deter anyone from getting one....they're just not for me,was all I was saying.Like skiing,I have alot of friends that love to ski,I have no interest in it....I'd rather be on a snowmobile.I'm willing to bet that if I got a fast enough jet ski/wave runner,it would be more fun for alot longer.

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12:58 AM »

no,I'm not trying to deter anyone from getting one....they're just not for me,was all I was saying.Like skiing,I have alot of friends that love to ski,I have no interest in it....I'd rather be on a snowmobile.I'm willing to bet that if I got a fast enough jet ski/wave runner,it would be more fun for alot longer.
maybe look into the Kawasaki 300X (250X / 260X are the earlier models)  Supercharged 3-seater.  I've run the 250 hp and makes me grin every time, a true sport bike style acceleration. There are other brands that work seemingly well too, but Kaws "deep V hull" cuts through the choppy stuff great.  Enough rambling, done thread-jacking.  (had to put this to rest)   :-D
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 01:35:56 AM »

maybe look into the Kawasaki 300X (250X / 260X are the earlier models)  Supercharged 3-seater.  I've run the 250 hp and makes me grin every time, a true sport bike style acceleration. There are other brands that work seemingly well too, but Kaws "deep V hull" cuts through the choppy stuff great.  Enough rambling, done thread-jacking.  (had to put this to rest)   :-D

thanks for your input Roost....but like I said.."they do nothing for me"(no adrenaline rush),like they do for some of you guys. :-D