Author Topic: KX500  (Read 21626 times)

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
Re: KX500
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 02:03:43 AM »
Still a 2 stroke!
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline dieselcamper01

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 04:33:06 AM »
What's with all this sled talk on a dirt bike forum?

I ride a 1998 Yamaha SRX700. I absolutely love it. Mostly stock except an M10 suspension.

As far as bikes and such I haven't had too many and still have my second street bike I ever got. A 1979 KZ650. Currently riding a 2000 BMW K1200RS.

Nice stuff you guys have.

lol...it started from a couple pics we had posted,I don't think Polar or me expected it to become a sled thread,just kinda fell into one.I'd love to see a pic of that 79 KZ....although probably should post it in "My Other Bike"....seeing how I kinda let this thread get way off course  :?

I will have to dig the KZ out of the shed for pictures unfortunately. I hope to work on that this fall/winter to get it in running order again.

And you are correct Brute-at least the sleds are 2 stroke. LOL

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 11:57:14 AM »
you don't have to dig it out just to take a pic....wait til you're ready to work on it....that way you don't have to burry it back in  :-D
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 07:54:47 AM »
I've thought about trying to lean out my jetting a little

DONT ! Those early 800's came too midrange lean from the factory, Doo actually had a service  update with different needles.   
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2012, 12:07:21 PM »
I'm not gonna,like I said...the thing absolutely rips,and I'd rather have to stop at every gas station to top off,than take a chance on losing performance...or worse...melting the top end   :evil: 
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »
No to melting. Melting is bad. Bad, bad, bad. And messy. Very, very messy. Nope. No melting allowed.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 01:05:41 AM »
No to melting. Melting is bad. Bad, bad, bad. And messy. Very, very messy. Nope. No melting allowed.

Unless it's tires on pavement...then melting is all good,good,good!! :evil: :-D

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 11:21:34 AM »
True, true...

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 08:16:04 AM »
I'd like to try a sled one of these days. It looks like a jet ski on a mountain, but haven't jet ski'd but once either... Looks like fun though!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 09:17:42 AM »
I'd like to try a sled one of these days. It looks like a jet ski on a mountain, but haven't jet ski'd but once either... Looks like fun though!

you're not missing much by not ever riding a jet ski...at least my opinion...they're one of the most boring things I've ever ridden,and to compare them to a snowmobile is an absolute insult...lol :-D.The things you can do,things you can see that you would never see any other way but by snowmobile,and the pure intense adrenaline rush of going 100mph in mere seconds down a 8'-15' wide trail whipping by massive trees just a couple feet on either side of you....and knowing in the back of your mind,that if anything were to happen at that moment....it's all over.  :evil: :-D.

That my Good friend....is just a "taste" of what sleddin is all about! :-D
If you ever get the chance to try it,I highly reccomend it.....you'll be instantly hooked.     

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 09:20:54 AM »
OH YEAH! That really does sound like fun. Anyone know of snow mobile rentals and trails in AZ?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 09:24:13 AM »
OH YEAH! That really does sound like fun. Anyone know of snow mobile rentals and trails in AZ?

LOL....I just spit my beer out I was laughing so hard after reading that!!!....sorry,I did'nt realize you were in one of the hottest places in the world  :-D

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 09:34:38 AM »
Not that hot! Its only 105 right now according to weather.com, but if it gets any warmer I might have to take off my beanie. ;) really do hope to ride a (fast) snow mobile one day though.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 09:42:56 AM »
Not that hot! Its only 105 right now according to weather.com, but if it gets any warmer I might have to take off my beanie. ;) really do hope to ride a (fast) snow mobile one day though.

Too funny!!

105!!...at those temps,I'd have nothing on TO take off. :?

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 10:57:11 AM »
I have done both, and am not in love with either jet ski's or snomobile's. That is why there are so many things to take up our time! We can all find something! Now bowfishing, THAT is fun. Fun but addicting.