Author Topic: My 99 K5 pinned to VERT (vid)  (Read 7933 times)

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: My 99 K5 pinned to VERT (vid)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 01:27:46 PM »
you're welcome...but I can't take all the credit.A good deal of the knowledge I've aquired came not only from hands-on experience,but from hours of searching and reading threads on this forum.The age range of guys on here is pretty wide,and so is'nt the information we all seek....and I thank everyone on here for sharing what they've learned over the years to help out others enjoy this awesome hobby!!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 05:14:16 AM »
you will want the floats set very high for hillclimbing hills, especially like ones that you're ripping on there.  If the carb leaks from the overflow, its too high, but otherwise set them higher than standard,

Offline dirtjunkie85

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 09:18:37 AM »
Honestly that is some wicked climbing! and it wasn't just up and over it was up up up up then down the other side! Very well done.

Offline z50guru

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 06:49:58 AM »
you will want the floats set very high for hillclimbing hills, especially like ones that you're ripping on there.  If the carb leaks from the overflow, its too high, but otherwise set them higher than standard,

Great advise H42! Thx, Will do  :-D
>>>> Point >>>> Twist >>>> Climb >>>> Conquer >>>> Repeat >>>>

Offline z50guru

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 06:53:49 AM »
Honestly that is some wicked climbing! and it wasn't just up and over it was up up up up then down the other side! Very well done.

Thx for the feedback  :wink:   Glad ya'll enjoy the vid!  I'll be tweeking my carb, an posting more good K5 action soon  :-D

Offline gwcrim

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/gwcrim
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 08:47:16 AM »
There ought to be signs at the bottom that say "Not for pussies or 4 stokes!"  Nice climbing.
~Crim~
You raise the blade
You make the change
You rearrange me 'til I'm sane

Offline z50guru

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 03:45:05 AM »
If i were to mix up 85 degrees with 93 octane @ 40:1, throw in a 52p, 68m, @ 1.5 turns an a dash of n82m 3rd clippy juice, and bottle it up, i'd name it "ping be gone" an sell it to guys like me. Then i'd buy a bungaloo in sunny Aruba.  Thx again for the Carby insight fellas ;)   much appreciated  :-D

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 04:34:29 AM »
awesome....glad it worked out!!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ