Author Topic: Reproduction Radiator shroud decals  (Read 12355 times)

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
Reproduction Radiator shroud decals
« on: May 01, 2012, 07:27:38 AM »
Hey guys,

I've been looking for some 1989 KX500 radiator shroud decals for my bike for a while, but was unable to find them.  I have a 90 and a 95, but I just like the look of the 89 decals best.  I was able to find and purchase a nice set of repro decals for the 88 from Ebay, so I got them and I like them alot, but I still wanted a set of 89 decals.

I was still searching a bit more today, and found this place in Canada that makes them for the 87-92 KX line as well as the KDX line. Some of the earlier bikes are available too.
http://www.rddecals.afegraphics.com/index.php?adminshopping=&cat_id=19279&catname='KX/KDX%20Line'

I just ordered a set of the 89 decals, and I'll let you know how the quality is when they arrive.

:-D

Offline cobbs

Re: Reproduction Radiator shroud decals
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:10:39 AM »
I doubt you will find reproduction graphics but I know you can buy any year OEM graphics from motosport.com they have every year graphic from the early 80s and up but they are pretty expensive but if you want 89 decals they have em

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:53:03 AM »
I doubt you will find reproduction graphics but I know you can buy any year OEM graphics from motosport.com they have every year graphic from the early 80s and up but they are pretty expensive but if you want 89 decals they have em
Ummm....if you go to the link I posted above..........you CAN buy reproduction decals.   :-D

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 05:01:21 AM »
I bought the 1989 uni trak decals a year ago and I've not used them yet.
So I can't say if they are good or not
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline cobbs

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »
I checked the link you posted and they are missing a lot of years and not all of them have the tank and shroud decals I guess your ln luck that you prefer that year because their 90 91 and 92 500 decals don't have  the tank or shroud and they don't have anything from 92 and up, that's pretty weak for a reproduction company to do just 80s models its surprising they even have them at all considering they specialize in Yamaha RDs hopefully they stick ok

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 08:09:04 AM »
.....its surprising they even have them at all considering they specialize in Yamaha RDs. Hopefully, they stick ok
Agreed.  :wink:

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 09:48:42 AM »
Guys,

Here's another place to check for reproduction shroud decals.  8-)

http://blinkmx.com/vintagemotocross.html

I haven't bought from them, but its worth looking into if you need repro decals.

Offline thooker

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 09:39:59 AM »
Local Hero MX in utah made mine they turned out great and fit perfect on my 1989 KX500.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 12:58:29 PM »
not that you guys would be interested,but just an FYI...I talked to N-Style back in March after I found a set of N-Style OEM style graphics at a local shop.They said they could make up another set so I could have a back-up set,but it would'nt be very cost effective....it would just depend on how badly you want them.And you would also get the pre cut/slotted tank decals so they won't bubble and fall off. 
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline ramblnman

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »
how much did they quote you foxx?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 01:12:20 PM »
they never gave me an exact quote...but said it would be a couple hundred at the least....but if you look on Pay-Bay,there's people asking $250+ for complete sets...not very appealing sets I might add  :|
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline ramblnman

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »
i know your right! just ordered the rad cover graphics and they were over 100.00 for the pair! :-o  got a little too close with the powerwasher, took it right off in an instant!!.. bought the 60.00 fx graphics kit for this plastic... going to have all new o.e.m plastics with graphics put up for way down the road when i decide to do a resto on it...

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 01:44:18 PM »
have you checked with your local Kawie dealer on the OEM's??....I just did on Friday for the 2000 shroud decals and they're still on back order,I had 1st checked back in late Febuary.I bring this up so you don't buy them online from Motosport or one of the other popular places....and find out after you already paid for them,and a few weeks pass....and you still have'nt recieved them!!

Offline ramblnman

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 02:52:45 PM »
ordered them local..he said they were backordered... wouldnt mind getting a set like yours though.. bike looks sweet!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »
hopefully you won't have to wait too long.I wanted to order a new OEM seat for the 98-2000,but they're "unavailable"....meaning could be a week,a month,year....or never.Luckily I have a perfect OEM 2000 seat that I have tucked away.As for the shroud decals,I do prefer the N-Style over the OEM....I like how the "kawasaki" is printed in white,unlike black on the OEM's.