Author Topic: U.S. KX owners  (Read 5187 times)

Offline Sapper

U.S. KX owners
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:16:22 AM »
My son & I lurk on here frequently but since he was the first to have white plastics on his 100 and now he's on 125 & 250, he's wanting white plastics again.

Nowthen. I'd talked to Mark Kehm at UFO a few times and his interest in helping us is nil. He said UFO would need at least 100 orders to make and ship to the U.S.. He's not sure the UFOUSA would buy into that. They are available in GB and Europe.

So what I'm asking is, how many KX riders are wanting them and willing to send Mark an email requesting these. I figure power is in numbers. If the demand is high enough, the market is there. Basically speaking, if we BLAST UFO with requests, they'll understand there are more 2T owners that they care to know since the 4T market is the "thing".

If you're not sure how white looks, here's before and after pics of my sons old 100. Night and Day.

There's a few other minis that were done after ours after they saw what his looked like.

I only know of one guy that bit the bullet and ordered them from GB and paid over $240 to get them. I haven't seen pics of it yet.

So who's in?

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: U.S. KX owners
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »
Hey Sapper,
 Glad to hear you and your family are still Racing.  The Bike looks great!  You may be able to Talk  Kwakman into shipping you the plastic from Over-the-pond "in his neck of the woods" for a fair price.
  I know I have shipped "Gifts" to Aus and the U.K. for reasonable prices.    Heck, he may want to barter for some parts for his '85 KX-5..
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Sapper

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 03:49:58 AM »
What's up Tuck.

Yea, we're still at it. Just not as heavily now. Hell, have to buy bikes every 6 months and boots, gear every 3. Kids growing like weeds. My son has been on big bikes (KX125 & 250) for 2 years now but my daughter went through a 50, 65 and up to a 85 in 18 months. And now need to look into getting 100 wheels suspension for her. The 85 has more than enough power, she's just getting too tall. She's 11y/o and 5'4".

I've been wanting to get him graphics for both bikes but he says he doesn't want any till he gets white plastics. Guess when he gets a job and pay almost a grand for them, he can have them. $200 per bike for graphics and $240 per bike for plastics. Uhhh, not happening anytime soon.

With the wifes engine for her showcar draining me for $6500 or so and the little ones sucking me dry, it's tough to give them the luxuries. But we'll get there.

Offline Openclass

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 09:46:57 AM »
Yes I have my new 250/500 project and maybe another 250 that I would like to get some white plastic for.

Offline Openclass

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 09:49:42 AM »
Running a lot of Harescrambles you get a lot of scratches and the white doesn't show it as much.

Offline Sapper

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 08:40:10 AM »
If you would like to see white plastics come to the U.S., send a msg through here.  If we send them enough emails them, maybe they'll listen.

http://www.ufoplasticusa.com/contact.php

Offline KAWIman35

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »
I would definitely want some. I just sent them an e-mail.

Offline bansheedave

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »
email sent as well