Author Topic: 88 kx 250 f1 model....new here with my new project..  (Read 2451 times)

Offline shizcol

88 kx 250 f1 model....new here with my new project..
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »
  hey guys, im new here and just got a project for FREE.. yes its a bit beat up but i plan to restore it and make her new again.. its a 88 kx 250.. been sitting a while and need some help gettin her going again..

first off, io think it has low compression, so it may be a good idea for a new top end, second, the kick starter wont return back up aftr i kick it.. so im guessing something inside is messed up... and as far as i can see it needs some tlc.. but i got it for free.. so might as well do a lil work to it.. correct me if im wrong.. so here are some pics.. any help would be apreciated.. id like to know what year plastics work with this yr bike.. and what mods i can do to it..

Offline dirtjunkie85

Re: 88 kx 250 f1 model....new here with my new project..
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 09:15:01 AM »
I know of a good place that will help you with most of the stuff you'll need. I buy all my plastics, oils, bars, grips, levers, etc... from these guys. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/Parts-Finder/44/-/2795/1988-KAWASAKI-KX250 That's just about every part these guys carry for your machine unless you go to they're oem part of the sight. check it out! The bike looks kinda beat but also can have a lot of potential. Believe me I've seen a lot worse!!

Offline shizcol

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:18:05 AM »
Ya def neglected for sure. It has some aftermarket stuff but looks like it sat for a long time. The kid must of got it like this cause he sure didnt know what he was talking about when he gave it to me lol. Thanks for the link. Im looking to restore this bike from ground up evennif it takes me all summer. I have a kdx 200 as well that needs an engine so im not gonna be riding for a while lol. Thanks again for the help

Offline dirtjunkie85

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »
No problem! They should have quite a bit for that kdx too. They've just always been pretty good to me. Let me know what ya think

Offline shizcol

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »
Will do thanks again. I have heard of them just never went to look at theyre stuf