Author Topic: my build so far  (Read 8630 times)

Offline DSPMOTO

my build so far
« on: January 13, 2012, 12:36:49 PM »
its not a 500, thats will come later. i had to go with what i could get my hands on the easiest. the frame is a 2006 kx250f, my motor is a 2005 kx250. ( my last 250 motor from 05 when i rode for kawasaki). i joined the site a about a year and a half ago, and i have been working on my build for about a year now. figured i would post some pics of my build so far. havent hand much time to work on since ive been hurt from racing for the last 8 1/2 months. almost have her done, hopefuly about a nother  two weeks and i will have all the mock up work done and be able to start the final build.. just got my carb/airboot situation done today but havent mounted everything yet. i am using the stock 250f airboot, just changing the reed block boot to make everything fit without any rubbing on the shock or frame.i ended up heating and stretching the stock air boot to reach the carb. fluidyne made the radiators for me as you can see. ( if you would like a set from them pm me and i will give to the contact info for who you need to talk to there). the rest of the project i have been doing myself, she not that pretty right now but i can see the gleam in her eye. after i do my final build on her i will post more pictures of the entire build from day one. :mrgreen:                     

http://s1073.photobucket.com/albums/w392/dspmoto/

Offline kxpegger

Re: my build so far
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 01:17:08 PM »
Excellent! Now select "IMG' and the picture will appear instead of the link. Just sent you a PM but it looks like you've got most of it figured out!

Good luck with your build!
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »
One other thing! If you don't log out of Photobucket when you're done this can happen! Anyone can copy and post your photo if they too have a Photobucket account! You might want to change your settings at Photobucket.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:33:10 PM by kxpegger »
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline dirtjunkie85

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »
Looks like a fun build! I want to start on mine but for some reason haven't.. could be the money part of it ha i dont know.

Offline SS109

• KDX fanatic!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 03:41:42 PM »
Nice looking build. I'm definitely looking forward to more pics as I'm doing a similar build with an '06 KX250f chassis and a '94 KDX250 (same as '90 KX250) engine.
'90 KDX 200 (rebuild - DONE!) - '94 KDX 250 (soon to be a KDX250af)

Offline DSPMOTO

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 07:40:52 AM »
here are some more pics of my build. although im not done with all the final touches the bike is 100% rideable, i have been riding it since march. everything works great, couldnt ask for a better bike. way better than the steel frame. for the pipe i used the rad bushings to make my own perfect fitting rubber mounting hangers, i always ended up doing the same thing for the silencer. also as you can see i made a new reed block mount out of aluminum , i had to change the angle of it 2 degrees and also make it a hair longer than stock so i could use the stock 250f air boot without and rubbing on the shock or frame. did not change the way the bike runs one bit. maybe this weekend i can get a video of me riding it and post it for you all to see how awesome it is. also still have all the pic from the whole build i would like to post and hopefully by then i will have her looking like new and have some graphics on her. hope you all like

Offline tobys 2 strokes

• My #2 son
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 12:54:40 AM »
Do you have any more pics of the 78 ??

Offline DSPMOTO

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 03:36:32 AM »
i do. sorry the pics arent that good, there isnt much room to work with on are 2nd story and i took them with my phone but here are a few more. picked the bike up about 12 years ago, everything but the plastics and the paint on the pipe&bars are orignal . it doesnt run right now, needs a throttle cable and a new stator. parts unlimited sells one just havent bought one yet.

Offline tobys 2 strokes

• My #2 son
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 05:46:30 AM »

Thats beatifull.
You sure dont see many 78's espesially that clean.
Thanx for the pictures.

Offline DSPMOTO

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 07:05:05 AM »
here are some more pictures of my build. i have had it together and have been riding it for a year. just a few weeks ago i tore the whole motor apart and cleaned a few other things. glass beaded the cases. new wheels etc.. i have rode it a few times after rebuilding. only problem i have ran across is as you can see on the motor mount pic that i put steel washers between the frame and cases.  the cases were rubbing funny in the frame so i had to shim it. also a few more pics of my airboot. if you look closely in those photos and you can see the i have no rubbing on the inside of the boot from the shock.when i talk to the guy who help weld my frame i will get those pics posted as well. hope you enjoy my build

Offline DSPMOTO

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 07:12:56 AM »
there are a ton more on my photobucket. but these are them for now. im not done rebuild her yet. eventelly i am going to make it look that a pro circuit bike since i still am a rider for them. enjoy the pics :mrgreen:

Motorrad

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 07:15:06 AM »
those fork legs are all kinds of sexy!!..

who's radiators are those?    things are HUGE.   would take 2 months to warm the bike up!

Offline DSPMOTO

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 07:19:21 AM »
motorrad, thanks. the suspension is off one of my ole race bikes. figured i would put them on. when i build my 500af i am going ot put a set on there as well. fluidyne made the rads for me. they are the same size as the steel frame ones. they look really big bc they are made for the frame. didnt want to make brackets or anything, so i had them make me a set. really good guys out there. would be glad to hook anybody up with them.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 07:21:06 AM »
that thing came out nice!!....one of the better,nicer looking conversions I've seen.
...gotta take it easy on your pre-load adjust nuts though....them babies have taken a beaten from what looks like a screwdriver and hammer. :x
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline jBernard

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 10:59:17 AM »
Forks look like A-Kit but the trees look stock and not 49mm, what are they?
bike looks awesome by the way!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:03:01 PM by jBernard »
'09 KX500AF - never ending project
'14 KTM 300SX