Author Topic: yz85 oil question  (Read 24243 times)

Offline royceymon@hotmail.co.uk

Re: yz85 oil question
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 09:32:36 AM »
 i would guess if theres that much moisture in the fuel it wouldnt go any sence or at all ,have you drained the bottom of the carb to see whats in there??

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 10:24:15 AM »
I had the carb opened about 3 days ago....clean and nice...
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 08:02:41 AM »
Hey guys,

I received the compression tester today and its nice! I did the compression test and followed all the steps and the results...DRUM ROLL PLEASE! a little over 120 pounds...so im guessing its the jetting lol ...Ive done a lot of research and people said that with bad spooge cases, pilot or main jets wont work and its the needle that changes a lot...where should I move the needle clip to? right now its 2nd from the top. Does the levels go from top to bottom or bottom to top?

CHris
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:04:07 AM by chris-mets »
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 12:42:43 PM »
 :-D
    Top Down on needle position   Look through these for help on adjustments and how the different circuits overlap.
http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/
http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/jetneedles.html

Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 01:19:56 PM »
That confused me a lot haha! So I should go to the #1 clip position(top) because #5 position is the richest...Im at #2 right now and stock is #3

Thanks for the article although it confused me!
Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »
not sure where you are on the needle , in simple terms the higher the eclip on the needle the less fuel lower the e clip on the needle more fuel ,start standard check the plug colour work on unless its tuned id start with standard settings , filter not overoiled or covered with crud ,standard plug? air screw standard?
please dont think i am being condescending in any way ,not sure how up on 2 strokes you are

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 08:54:06 AM »
Hey royce,

I know a good amount on 2 strokes. Right now im at the 2nd needle clip position from the top and im wondering if the 5th(bottom) position is richest then should I go to #1(top)position to try to lean out so theres not a ton of oil pouring out the exhaust? The air filter is a new uni filter with a lot of sticky oil on it so I should clean that off Im guessing? The spark plug is black...air screw is 2 or 2 and a half out...not sure...

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2012, 09:44:55 AM »
Hey royce,

I know a good amount on 2 strokes. Right now im at the 2nd needle clip position from the top and im wondering if the 5th(bottom) position is richest then should I go to #1(top)position to try to lean out so theres not a ton of oil pouring out the exhaust? The air filter is a new uni filter with a lot of sticky oil on it so I should clean that off Im guessing? The spark plug is black...air screw is 2 or 2 and a half out...not sure...

Chris
[/quot   set all to standard work from there too much oil in filter same as dirty blocked filter  black plug /rich main too big? too much air set air screw at standard clean plug ,warm up bike hold on fast tickover adjust airscrew till revs rise then backoff a smidge ,have you tried a plug chop??does the bike get well thrashed or run slow? is the fuel fresh/high octane? if you have to put the clip at the leanest position the jetting cant be right/have you had a leaking needle in the carb crankcase got loads of fuel in ?

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2012, 11:00:34 AM »
so basically your saying I should clean the air filter and set all the settings to stock? Ill look up the stock settings but if I cant find them Ill look in my manual tomorrow. Ill look on youtube on what you were saying about the tickover thing? Whats a plug chop? I rev all my bikes a lot and Im waiting till my friends and I can drive so I can go offroading a lot. Right now Its the occasional lawn and driveway riding or up the street. I like speed though! The fuel in the bike is fairly old and shows moisture in it. Its 32:1 93 super gas. Im not sure about the needle leaking. The bike never really leaks gas at all but the kx drips some. I want to buy new exhaust packing for the bike but I dont want to buy it then it get soaked again with oil.

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 07:18:12 AM »
sometimes if your havin probs its best to start again ie set all back to standard and start from the begining ,fuel go's off fairly quickly spesh if for arguments sake you have half a tank of fuel , the tanks vented i cant remember what shell told me but it will go off ,its realy about going through a methodical fault finding process ie fresh fuel,check  oil ratio,check is the plug the correct heat/type ,check .not being rude but around the lawn/drive or blips up the street will not get the same affect as riding a track ,might not even get up to running temprature ,even when im warming my bike before riding it still needs a good clear out for the first part of the lap to then run correctly ,dont recon you will get it running right until your on a track! just my opinium not gospel. plug chop  do a google search if your not confident i wouldnt try it......sorry for the spelling done in a rush!

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »
Today the bike had 138 main... 40 pilot... 2 turns out... 2nd clip...A little before I changed it to 132 main...40 pilot...2 turns out...1st clip...

I then tested it and there was less oil im pretty sure...Tomorrow I have to open the exhaust and clean as much oil as I can out of it to see it I got the jetting right finally...

I also noticed this about a week ago that say I rev the bike and keep revving it then let it idle in neutral...after a while the bike will get lower and lower in idle and stay REALLY low where you can hear the gears spinning or some sound like that and eventually shut off...Some other times the bike is idling and the idle will get a little higher...The idle isnt even working to keep it on when its about to die out idling...The throttle cable is fine and its not revving when I turn the handlebars...advice?

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »
the rattling noise is what you get when most engines are ready to stall,i dont run any tickover on any of my  2 strokes only on my kxf 138 to 132 is quite a jump whats the standard main? the only way to see if its correct is the plug colour ,not ticking over could be mainy things from low compression , piston picking up ,jetting , until you get the basics right you will struggle , as i sugested before  do a check list of whats right and what isnt plug range ,fuel etc ,best of luck

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
I took the exhaust off my bike today and ran it and saw that oil is still coming from the exhaust hole on the cylinder. I got a great picture of it but the site isnt letting me post it for some reason. It showed the piston and the ring and the oil stain path that it drools down. Right now my bike is:

132 main jet - stock is 138
40 pilot jet - stock is 45
1st clip position - stock is 2nd

I dont really know what to try anymore. I cleaned the air filter too.

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2012, 09:14:37 AM »
bang the photo on my email :royceymon@hotmail.co.uk ill have a look !

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »
just sent it!
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80