Author Topic: finally almost done.  (Read 2046 times)

Offline mlstoner660

finally almost done.
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:06:03 AM »
Finally got the time to put my bike back together after having it sit in a pile in the corner of the garage for almost 2 years. I didn't get to do everything I wanted with it but got most of everything done. Sent the motor out to get a lil more power out of it. Milled the head, adjusted the squish, windowed piston, ported and polished, trued and rebuilt the crank polished the rod( don't know if that helps anything) bored the Carb not sure how big, v force 3's for a 250,  pro circuit plat 2 pipe, rebuilt the forks and changed out all the bearings in the back side. Did the 2000 fender mod and put a 05 250f front fender on. Looks alot better IMO. Still need to get a new chain and sprockets and new set of bars the ones on it are bent pretty bad from my last get off. Was wanting to get an adjustable extended swing arm but couldn't find any one near me that was willing to give it a try. Have to leave to work for a week tomorrow so won't get a chance to finish her up and try it out before I leave. Ill have it broke in and on the dyno shortly after I'm home so ill keep you guys updated on how it turned out when its done. Just thought y'all would like to see how it turned out.
minor set backs bring major come backs

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
Re: finally almost done.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »
shes lookin real nice!  :-o 8-)
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 07:03:01 AM »
Lookin' Good Stony!
  I am interested in how she runs for you after all that work. I know what it's like to have wait a long time  before being able to ride again..People who don't ride just don't understand...
  Thanks Take Care,
     Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline mlstoner660

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 03:04:30 PM »
Thanks for the compliments. It came out pretty good. Like I said still have a few things I want to get done. Its been a long time coming. I've had the motor sitting here looking at me for a long time. can't wait to take it out for the first ride and see how much more power it has.
minor set backs bring major come backs