Author Topic: Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s  (Read 18291 times)

mikesmith

Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2004, 07:10:36 AM »
I asked Maxxima about breaking in the engine with Super-M and they told me theres nothing wrong with useing it to break an engine in,as I thought.Where did you hear it wasnt ?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2004, 07:35:25 AM »
Yeah, were did you hear that? I've broken two topends in on this bike and no telling how many on my other bikes. Super M is like the KX500, in a class by itself ;)

kawdude

Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2004, 05:03:55 PM »
mikesmith,
Thanks for the info.  The gaskets are steel so I put the bumps up.  Hopefully that's right.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2004, 08:09:20 PM »
I did it that way, it is running great to this day. :-) So, I guess it was right. :-)

kawdude

Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2004, 05:14:14 AM »
Quote from: mikesmith
I asked Maxxima about breaking in the engine with Super-M and they told me theres nothing wrong with useing it to break an engine in,as I thought.Where did you hear it wasnt ?

Let me try and find the link.  I think it was one of the engine tuner sites.  It basically was stating that syn or semi shouldn't be use for breakin.  SuperM is a semi correct?

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2004, 10:30:26 AM »
I just used Klotz.. It's running great now...

FastKX500

Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2004, 11:02:18 AM »
Klotz is tops :)

mikesmith

Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2004, 08:26:08 AM »
Super-M is a petrolem/synthetic.

kawdude

Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2004, 02:05:54 PM »
I'm starting to put the ignition system back together and need to know if there's any adjustment that needs to be done to the stator plate and or coils.  I understand that the plate has to have the "lines" lined up for timing purposes but is there any adjustment with the coils?  Also, is there a wiring schematic online somewhere that states what wire goes where?

mikesmith

Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2004, 06:56:58 PM »
I havent had the coils off,but Im sure they bolt on with no adjustment.The plate goes has the center mark out of the 3 to the mark on the case.Arent your wires color coded?Or try the Buy Kawasaki web site,not sure if the wire schematic is on there or not.

kawdude

Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2004, 03:17:52 PM »
Quote from: mikesmith
.Arent your wires color coded?Or try the Buy Kawasaki web site,not sure if the wire schematic is on there or not.

Yes they are color coded but a couple wires don't match what my service manual shows.

mikesmith

Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2004, 06:55:40 PM »
Is this for just your stator or all the wiring?Are you useing a stator off another bike?

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Rebuilding 5 hunny ???s
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2004, 07:09:39 PM »
I agree with mikesmith, there is really like 4 wires for the KX and I can't imagine getting them confused. A wire going from the stator to the CDI, then from the CDI to the coil. I don't think it should be a problem and they usally are color coded.