Author Topic: Truing Stand  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Rd

Truing Stand
« on: July 01, 2010, 12:37:50 PM »
Here is a picture of a truing stand from RMATV discussed on the thread about "spokes that fit without drilling". The little collars keep the rod the wheel is mounted on from walking side to side. Not a bad stand for $70. I think it will meet my needs.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=168&navTitle=Dirt+Bike+Parts&webCatId=19&keyword=TRUNING+STAND&prodFamilyId=26856

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:04:07 PM by Danger4u2 »

Offline Purpletj

Re: Truing Stand
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 02:59:53 PM »
These stands work excellent for balancing street bike tires too.I've been using mine for years.

"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity." -- Albert Einstein

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 01:21:37 AM »
How well does the pointer work? I've always used a magnetic dial indicator when truing wheels.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline Rd

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »
The pointer works ok, but I also use a dial indicator. Just seems easier to me.

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »
That's what I was thinking. I might pick one of those stands up. Looks well made.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.