Author Topic: New to KX500  (Read 2206 times)

Offline crawford

New to KX500
« on: May 18, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »
Hello ,
I'm new to the site (although have been lurking around for a little while),I have been riding dirtbikes since I was 7 and have enjoyed the 40+ years of riding,I have recently picked up my friends 1993 KX500,I was there when he picked it up in '93 and was there for the first roost it ever threw,he rode it for a few years then he got married, had a kid and it's been sitting ever since,so I know the bikes history pretty well,I also have had a few open bikes, 2-CR500's,ktm540,ktm550,also had a '02 ktm380sx,and the newest ride was an '06 ktm450xc,so open class bikes are definitely what i like,anyway just wanted to say hello,currently I reside in Idaho but am relocating to nevada shortly,thanks for the great website,
John

I definitely need to get a compression release setup any recommendations.?I'm getting old...
I tried to attach some photo's new and now,hopefully it will work.

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Re: New to KX500
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:53:31 PM »
Welcome. Very nice 500 you got there. Glade you found us.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 09:45:53 AM »
Hey Crawford,
 Welcome and great story.   There are a few different compression release set-ups by the Fabricators who hang out here.
   I hope to get one on my KX-5 as well.  Let the guys here know where abouts in Nev. you will be riding, as there is most likely a member near by.
   Tuck\o/ 
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline crawford

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »
Thanks for the welcome,I more than likely will be moving to the carson city area,got friends there who ride,also,
I sent a couple of messages to Jfab and haven't got a reply,does anybody know if he's in business or ???,is there a way to get in touch with him ? thanks again.

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »
JFab is usually pretty good about messaging people back fairly quickly. He's probably busy riding or building someones bike. He will get in touch when he gets a chance. He does excellent work. I got a compression release done by him. Took less than a week before my head was in my hands again. He wasn't super busy at the time as it was still cold and snowy out.

That is one of the nicest 93's I've seen. I too have a 93 but now it's multiple years. 88 frame and wheels, 93 trans parts, swingarm, and head, 00 cases, unknown year cylinder, and 98 KX250 forks. Completely rebuilt though. My first kx500 I'll never get rid of it. Welcome to the site. Best thing I'd ever done was join this place.

Cheers
Goat
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 10:18:31 AM »
 John,
 I sent Jerry an e-mail,
  Please Stand By.. :-)
  Tuck\o/ 
"The Truth Has No Agenda"