Author Topic: pro circut platinum vrs platinum2  (Read 2022 times)

Offline crazyolbastard

pro circut platinum vrs platinum2
« on: May 11, 2010, 03:46:02 AM »
I`m sure this has been asked before but I`m thinkin about gettin a new pipe since my works pipe has
been painted over, cuz it rusted.
Which is best the platinum or the platinum2? :?
I like to ride in the mountains if that makes a differance.

Let`s have your opinions guys.
Also,  throw in your 2 cents about the silencers.

Thanks

C.O.B.
Crazy Ol Bastard

Offline ktmdude

Re: pro circut platinum vrs platinum2
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:57:13 AM »
I don't have any experience with ps (except for a 4st slip on, very nice). I have a fmf narely on the kx 250. It has a bit thicker gauge steel so it is less dent "resistant" that the others in their line up. It has exelent low to mid power (its got plenty on top as well). So it is great for a woods bike. I have a fmf sst on the ktm 300. The sst is more of a mid to top improvement (just fine for the chugg chugg of 300 express) They both have turbine core 2s on them (spark arester models) that seem to do the job well. Not to loud and give good throttle response. In this day and age I think it is important to have a quite bike. It seems like "loud" is just more ammo for @$$ #$%^@ with nothing better to do but stop us from having fun!

Offline iambigd

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:57:37 AM »
I just purchased the Plat 2 because I dented my Plat 1. Right off the bat I noticed the acceleration was smoother with the plat 2. I think I lost a bit of throttle response, it's not quite as snappy as it was before. I may have to jet it up one or two. I am running on a brand new engine which I just had rebuilt from top to bottom and has about 15 hours on it.  I'm going to have my plat 1 pipe fixed. I like the response from the plat 1 better.

The noise is the same as far as I can tell.

Offline crazyolbastard

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:37:05 AM »
thanks bigd, that is helpful
Crazy Ol Bastard

Offline PowerFiend

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 04:44:06 AM »
The platinum is the same as the pc works pipe. The platinum 2 is thicker steel and will shift the power to a bit lower rpm.