Author Topic: modified carb bowl  (Read 2222 times)

Offline crazyolbastard

modified carb bowl
« on: March 30, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »
Hey all,
I bought my 91 K5 with this bowl on it, it was drilled and tapped with ports that run to the main and pilot jets with an extra that goes behind the slide (pic below)
It`s a home made dail-a-jet as far as I can tell.
The problem is I always think I can dail it in a little better than one day I can`t even start my beast.
Any input I will take, let`s have it guys.
The letters go to the main and pilot if anybody wants ta know.
Thanks
C.O.B.
Crazy Ol Bastard

Offline jfabmotorsports.com

Re: modified carb bowl
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:23:23 PM »
I used to think it would be cool to be able to adjust the fuel screw on my KX450 so I bought a Turner fuel screw. I adjusted it when I instaled it and havent touched it sence. I would leave that bowl right where it is...on the table. Put the stock one on and go ride.
Don't just float through life, make waves!

Offline crazyolbastard

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:20:47 AM »
But I don`t have the stock one.
I have a bowl off a pj on the and a 168 main and a 58 pilot and I can`t get the beast to start.
I must admit I am frustrated. I love this bike and just wanna ride.
Crazy Ol Bastard

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 09:22:35 AM »
plug that crap off till you can find a replacement bowl and go ridin.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 05:16:41 PM »
C.O.B.,
  I'm afraid there has probably been some "Modifications" to the body also.  All you can do (That I can think of) is check the float level.   The TeamGreen jetting chart has usually been close enough to get started if not right on for bikes with an aftermarket air filter and pipe.
   I don't know any other way around getting another carb.
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline junk man

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »
you might want to check out e;bay there's some sellers that have lots of parts on there sites other then what you see listed  get a hole carb if you can  you can never have enough spare parts   good luck

Offline crazyolbastard

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 11:34:18 AM »

:-P
I got some jets for my pwk and started with a 168 main and a 58 pilot and got er to start but I think somethin else is wrong.
She does have any power, I wonder if it has a leak someplace in the bottom or a sherared key in there someplace.
Would it start if the key was sheared?
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Crazy Ol Bastard

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 06:16:08 AM »
 My Best friend had his key shear and we tore our hair out with it. It would pop and sputter however it would just not stay lit.   
  Has the weather changed much from when you first got her CB?
I'm sure you've gone through all the regular stuff, air filter, fresh fuel etc.  where exactly are you in elevation and what is the weather like, needle and clip position.  These also are quite sensitive to float height adjustment.
   The Prev. owner may have also swapped out the needle too.
  The N82m is what most guys are happy with and is the stock needle for PWK's from Kawasaki on 500's.

There are several other possibilities but taking them on one at a time is the only way I know how to slog through this kind of stuff.
  Here is a troubleshooting chart from somewhere...(Back in a moment!) 
http://www.kxriders.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=11045&pos=11   (pg1)
http://www.kxriders.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=11045&pos=2     (pg2)
http://www.kxriders.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=11045&pos=3      (pg3)

Tuck\o/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:18:14 AM by Friar-Tuck »
"The Truth Has No Agenda"