Author Topic: Fork seal saver install  (Read 2749 times)

Offline kwakaman

Fork seal saver install
« on: May 11, 2010, 12:44:26 PM »
Hi guys,
I have bought some fork seal savers and want to install them on my 03 kx250.
What do u guys do with the fork guard guide?! Do u remove it to fit the seal savers? Any one got any pics?
Cheers guys.

Offline ktmdude

Re: Fork seal saver install
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:16:15 AM »
Not sure on the install for kawi, I had them on a yamaha. Soak them in water to get them over the upper fork tubes. I don't use them anymore. I guess I though that because I had them on I didn't have to clean the seals anymore. WRONG. I could have prevented having to replace the seals if I would just cleaned them after muddy rides. (like I do now). I have not had any problems fork seals since. My advice is chuck them and clean your seals frequently.

Offline dirtjunkie85

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 09:12:50 AM »
yes you have to remove the fork guard guide if you instal them from the bottm but i agree that getting them wet will help to get it over the upper tube.

Offline ktmdude

Re: Service Honda built....
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:26:56 AM »
I don't think you can get them over the caliper mount, so you would have to put them from the top. If the guards on your 03 are the same as the ones on my 01 I would say you would have to remove them. You could use the top guide clamp to hold them in place instead of zip-ties. Remember you still need to clean your fork seals. Good luck.

Offline dirtjunkie85

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 09:49:44 AM »
I had to put them on from the top on my K5 as well. just make sure to turn the bottom inside out when you wash it mud can get stuck in them and ruin you fork tube.