Author Topic: Please Explain To Me Whats Going On KX500  (Read 2141 times)

Offline wicked500

Please Explain To Me Whats Going On KX500
« on: January 09, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »
mods please dont move this as for some reason im not allowed to post or even see the kx500 forums thank you

I fire my bike up its been garaged for two months i put new gas and oil it warms up a little i hop on and it runs like a demon i hot rod!!!!!! it up and down the street at WOT!!!!!!!!!!! its running amazing after about 5 mins of harsh!!!! riding i pin it and mid 2nd gear the bike starts screaming revving up and down uncontrolable i play with the throttle no response i shut the bike off kick back on and it smokes a good amount and then runs normal i WOT it again and the bike takes off fast but foggy a bit then it started revving loud i shut it off kicked it back on and same crap running foggy and a bit smoky is my top end bad????????????  :cry:

Offline GDubb

Re: Please Explain To Me Whats Going On KX500
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »
Check your vent lines to see if you are dumping gas out of them with the bike running. My floats were out of adjustment and especially when I would pull the clutch in my bike would rev out of control. If this rings a bell then your floats could be out of adjustment or the needle valve could be clogged/damaged

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 08:33:18 AM »
 Wick500,
  I don't understand why you can't open the 500 forums,  sometimes I can't get logged on to the site, however when I do it is all open. :?  There are no restrictions or anything..

You could start with the carb, make sure everything is cleaned up and working properly.
   Cables,Slide, fuel inlet needle is not boogered  and moves freely.   
I know what it's like to have  STC (Stuck Throttle Condition). :-o
     Like GDubb says, the float level,plugged vent lines, will run the carb bowl empty (after that WOT run) and the engine will go into a lean run away condition.
    I have also seen fuel petcocks get plugged and restrict the fuel.
 Check that out and let us know what you find and we'll go from there.
    Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 03:08:28 AM »
Everything is working on this end.  There are a 2 restrictions, pictures, for sale section but not after 10 postings.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 04:45:55 AM »
  Thanks Danger,
 I can go for three weeks and not have a problem, then I can't get logged on from one to  three days.  Then Bing! works great.  Probably the state of the art middle of nowhere IP server we have.
  Rob\o/ 
"The Truth Has No Agenda"