Author Topic: Whos says There Is No Santa Clause  (Read 2301 times)

Offline JohnJr

Whos says There Is No Santa Clause
« on: December 29, 2009, 09:30:52 AM »
I let a unemployed Grinch ride my K-5 and he F-it up, been almost two months ago ,he didnt even give me a dollar.This motor is my present from Santa Claus,who says dont exsist,it cameby a  UPS slegh. Putting new crank bearings and seals in now ordered the cylinder from Canada, A Customs Grinch  is holding things up. I hope everybody is had a Merry Christmas and have a Blessed and wonderful New Year.  And have plenty left over stuff from the trashed motor
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 10:06:48 AM by JohnJr »

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: Whos says There Is No Santa Clause
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 03:48:03 PM »
 :-D
 John,
 I remember reading  your post the first time around. 
     I thought man, what a drag..
  Here a guy loans out his bike to a down and out acquaintance, and disaster strikes!
     Funny how things work out sometimes...  :|
     Tuck\o/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:06:58 PM by Friar-Tuck »
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline ShadeTreeFab

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »
were you the ebay Grinch that out bid me. :-D

Offline JohnJr

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 12:48:09 PM »
ShadeTreeFab,yes I was,that was my gift to me for Christmas

Offline BDI

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 01:29:34 PM »
It always cracks me up how the poor sap riding the bike always gets the full blame for the engine blowing up. Thats why I don't ride other peoples bikes.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline ShadeTreeFab

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 02:42:13 PM »
hey BDI my brothers magic, he can blow up/ brake any thing i own in the blink of a eye. no mater how good it runs.

Offline BDI

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 09:16:44 AM »
I'm sure he can but 90% of the time it was just time for it to break or blow up and it happens when some one else is riding it. I'm doing a kx 250 right now that blew up because the skirt broke off. The piston and rings was way over do to be changed. The guy is mad at his buddy for it and thinks his buddy should pay for it. My other buddy let a girl drive his truck to the store now the anti lock breaks are acting up. The truck is a pos but of course it's her fault. My other buddy had me drive his truck to the dunes for him and when we got back the engine was making a tick noise from the valve train. the truck has 140.000 miles on it but of cours it's my fault it's ticking.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline JohnJr

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 09:37:51 AM »
Yes, but in my case this guy has broken at least two other bikes on top of his own,co-incedence or is he bad luck

Offline don46

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 11:06:01 AM »
It always cracks me up how the poor sap riding the bike always gets the full blame for the engine blowing up. Thats why I don't ride other peoples bikes.

yup, I was thinking the same thing parts don't just fail because somebody else is riding them. I've seen many KX 500 rods break, put alchol or nitrous and you'd better be looking at them frequently. I have a motor that has the Stewart head and window, it's only used for hillclimbing so it probably see's 5 hrs a year, I'll guarantee it'll have a new rod every other year.

I'd say your buddy just happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, I mean what can he be doing that you or anyone else isn't doing? Honestly there is only so much that you can abuse these things, was he tapped in first forever? that could do some damage. No, it was time for a rod and it didn't get it, and as a result you now have two rods.

I've loaned my bikes to friends and they surely didn't ride them like I do, but they've never had a catastrophic failure, yet.

While it is unfortunate that it happened, I'm sure you will do things differently going forward. maybe you should consider a new rod as well as the new bearings and seals, that will afford you a piece of mind, rods aren't that much money when you look at what it's going to cost you, a little PM up front will save on the back end.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline JohnJr

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 12:37:42 PM »
The engine I got for Christmas is getting a freshen up dropped it off Tuesday, he is putting in new crank bearings and seals and rod kit,going to buy the Wiseco with the window