Author Topic: Which silencer is this?  (Read 4559 times)

Motorrad

Which silencer is this?
« on: December 07, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »
Which silencer is this??

I know its a pro circiut...

its either the
"nature friendly"

Or the

"Type 296" (longer body than the nature friendly)

Hoping somone recognises the bike and can tell me....

Link to where I found it
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=63341

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:08:59 PM by Motorrad »

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
Re: Which silencer is this?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:46:49 AM »
Looks just like my Pro Circut 296.
 John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline serafin

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »
From the picture it looks like what I have on my bike. A Pro Circuit Nature Friendly Spark Arrestor. Does it have a metal ID plate rivited to the top of the body close to the end cap?  This is what mine reads:
USFS #PC-007-O
PC Spark Arrestor

Serafin

Motorrad

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »
For the two of you with the 296 and the nature friendly...

Are they any quieter than stock?  alot alittle?

For the price... I think I can get a NEW stocker for darn close to same price (big disscount at kaw)   then just weld a piece of chicken wire or somthing to it so it passes the "flag pole" spark arrestor test here local...

Offline serafin

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 09:28:03 AM »
My PC Nature Friendly is quieter than stock.  To me it has a deeper tone.  If your going to buy a new silencer, I say go with a spark arrestor.  I feel all off road bikes including motocross bikes it should be standard equipment.

Serafin

Motorrad

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 02:36:42 PM »
John. Have any pictures of your bike with the 296?

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 10:34:37 AM »
 Motorad
  I checked the pics and they are not digital. I will ask my girlfriend if she has any digital pics. The bike is undercovers and in storage.  I will either have to scan the photos I have or dig out the bike for pics.  Warning, I am a procrastinator, this could take a while.
 John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline Rd

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 04:37:51 PM »
Here is a picture of a bike I purchased recently with a PC nature friendly spark arrestor.

Offline BDI

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 05:03:41 PM »
Nature freindly  :? what the hell is that  :x they should call them tree hugger freindly or grumpy old ass hole freindly. where do they make those things anyway  :? san francisco. I'm going to bed I have to get up early to scare the s**t out of some nature critters and maybe some tree huggen birkenstock wearing fanny pack sporting homos.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:34:16 AM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Motorrad

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 07:26:37 PM »
Nature freindly  :? what the hell is that  :x they should call them tree hugger freindly or grumpy old ass hole freindly. where do they make those things anyway  :? san francisco. I'm going to bed I have to get up early to scare the s**t out of some nature critters and maybe some tree huggen birkensock wearing fanny pack sporting homos.
I agree bdi.  But unfortunatly here in Kalifornia. They run the show. Carry ticket books. And tell the AMA I can't run a desert race without one.

All I can do is drink more bourbon and clean my .45 waiting for the revolt
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:28:53 PM by Motorrad »

Offline Rd

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 09:45:14 AM »
The Pro Circuit nature friendly spark arrestor is indeed manufactured in San Francisco. The standard packing material can not be used. This model must be repacked with 100% natural hemp and the fuel must be mixed at 2:1 with virgin olive oil. :lol:

I don't have to be real nature freindly in South Carolina, just try not to get shot by the deer hunters this time of year :-o

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 04:57:28 AM »
i have this exact set up on my bike and i really like it. pro circuit says their goal is to restrict noise to 96 db with no power restriction with  this arrestor. mine is still fairly loud.

Offline toomany

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 03:09:12 PM »
My Nature Friendly SA must be an older model, mine has a differnt end cap.

To the people complaing about the "Nature Friendlyness" of the SA's. Be glad they are quiet, loud bikes get riding areas shut down. That extra 1hp you get from the louder silencer isn't as big a deal as you think. Learn to ride faster/smoother with less power. 99% of people can't push the bike to it's limits anyway, or if they do it's only once.