Author Topic: Ty Davis FMF Low boy pipe..  (Read 7992 times)

Offline Good

• Yo.
Re: Ty Davis FMF Low boy pipe..
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 02:17:58 AM »
I sent my pipe out in the beginning of May, any results Stewart?  I'm gonna be needing it back here soon.   :-D

stewart

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 02:25:44 AM »
i will have it ran and shipped by this sat.  thanks stewart

Offline dubious01

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 12:11:10 PM »
so what has been the concensus?

where is the power?
what makes the most power , and broadest power?
I'd rather CrAsH and eAt sHIzIt THAN eAt rOOsT

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 06:33:02 AM »
I'm "guessing" PC Platinum 2 but it would be nice to see some dyno sheets comparing them.  Something exhaustive (pun?  :-D) like this...

http://www.bluetraxx.com/forums/yamaha-yfm700r-raptor-2006-present/66392-official-dual-pipe-shootout-thread.html

Sorry for the link to another forum.  Please delete if it's not allowed.

Motorrad

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 07:03:48 AM »
so what has been the concensus?

where is the power?
what makes the most power , and broadest power?

The pipe stewart had was an old pipe... Very carboned up.. and dented...  He ran the pipe, but we choose not to take its results as what a ZipTy pipe will do because of the carbon and dents, as both were bad enough to affect the power massivly.

I have since sent stewart a BRAND NEW never on a bike FMF ZipTy pipe..
Once we get that one tested, we will know what the pipes really do...

So stay tuned, stewart is a busy guy...

stewart

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 11:26:21 AM »
i did not want to open  this subject ,,  but feel it must be i posted ,,the ranges of torq and power on one of these pipes ..that mr good was kind enough to send ..thank you ..now with no hardness. i want to say that 2 stroke pipes that are carboned up  or dented do not run as good and  i worked about 4 hours cleanning and trying to pull some dents out unsussfully from this pipe   so in all fairness and without taking from goods very kind jester of  loaning the pipe it was not  bad but fell a little short of the pc 2 pipe which was new and not dented i..  now have a new one to test
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 11:29:21 AM by stewart »

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 03:52:40 PM »
carbon on the inside of the pipe does the same thing as cermic coating on the inside too. Not good for performance reasons. Heat is a hp killer in a 2 stroke motor.

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 01:49:04 AM »
Hence why I want to get a "new" PCII!!! :-D And you guys are welcome.  I'm sorry it didn't work out well, but we tried.  I'm interested to see how the new Lowboy pipe works.  If there's anyway I can help in the future, please let me know. :-)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 01:51:10 AM by Good »

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 02:00:07 AM »
Nice one Good, your efforts appreciated, and as ever stewart, as once said by my compatriot Mr Churchill, 'Never has so much been owed by so many to so few'.                                                                                                                                                RESPECT.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....