Author Topic: 07 KX250f Motor Trouble Need some hlep  (Read 3668 times)

Offline bob larry

07 KX250f Motor Trouble Need some hlep
« on: October 19, 2009, 01:40:09 AM »
My Buddies 07 250f is having issues.  He bent a valve or something to make it stop running.  Messed around with it and then brought it in pieces to the shop.

He bought a valve kit and put it in but no luck.  I think the shop must have tried different size valve shims just to get it to turn over and run.

They got it running but you can't hit the throttle WFO or past 50% for that matter.   It will idle to hot then just shuts down?????????

He thinks it is the carb...but is was fine all summer and never adj. or touched. 
 :?
It has to be the valves still no??

How to test or fix this?

The local dealer says he sends the whole valve assembly to a place in Qubec where it comes back mint and ready to go?   

Any help would be awsome.

I am in the same boat too with my 06 250f so I'm going to help him help me

2001 KX500

Offline bob larry

Re: 07 KX250f Motor Trouble Need some hlep
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:07:15 AM »
any guess?

:mrgreen:
2001 KX500

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:58:02 AM »
 Bob,
 There seem to be several things here in question in my mind, as you may be up against  more than one problem.
   was the cause of the bent valve addressed?  A new valve kit was installed.
but what got the valve into the piston  in the first place?

"got it running but you can't hit the throttle WFO or past 50% for that matter"
       Have you been able to verify the timing to be correct?

" It will idle to hot, then just shuts down?
He thinks it is the carb...but is was fine all summer and never adj. or touched".

This sounds electrical, heating up and opening a circuit.

I think I would test the ignition/electrical equipment, and tear down the engine for some R&R.   I'm sure this is not what either of you want to hear, other than systematically verifying everything is working properly you could be throwing lots of dough at the bike with no baseline to work from.
    A service manual is probably around  $40.00 and a gasket kit, rings and consumables is about $150.00   And that's if there are no other items needed.
( I say rings account I believe the life of a set of rings on an mx bike is about 25hrs.  :-o)
   Don't shoot The Messenger!
Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 06:55:15 AM »
I'f got the same probleme twise. The chain tenser for the camchain was a bit worn.
Mine bike was running perfect, only very hard to start. Tim ing was of by on touth on the exhaust.
Could see were the valve hits the piston. At a time the KXF250 engine is becoming a faster tikking time bom!!!

If you have some questions, ask them and I'll try to andser them. Have ridden 4,5 year with a K4 RMZ250.

dutchie
Proud owner of a KX500AF