Author Topic: so i totally got worked  (Read 2079 times)

Offline turtle22

• '89 & '01 kx500 '87 fxr HD '80 xr500
so i totally got worked
« on: May 25, 2009, 05:55:16 AM »
i bought what i thought was a bearing and linkage kit on e-bay. turned out to be just the bearings. so i had to buy the linkage from my local dealer. when i tried to put it together the third hole(for the shock) is a differant size then the rest of the other two holes. so the bearing will not fit(to big). the bearing kit (52-0231)from pivotworks says its for 89-94.  i looked online and found that the shock bearing is differant size(as was the old one). so what to do? i only really need the shock bearing(it wore out the bushing). im sooooo mad i could scream. i had planed on slapping it together and enjoying a nice day in the mountains. oh well.
lets ride

Offline barryadam

Re: so i totally got worked
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 01:15:40 PM »
Yeah, the bike should take all three PW kits.  The swingarm bearing kit, the linkage bearing kit, and the shock bearing kit (which goes in the link arm).
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI

Offline turtle22

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 08:25:12 AM »
yep,so i called PW and found all of that out. i has pretty upset,they do not make there info very user friendly(for us new guys). the guy i talked to basicly made me out to be a retard cause i was not formillar with the way THEY do stuff. so i went to the dearler and ordered the right one. could have saved $50 if i would have known. oh well there pretty much all new now. i should flout like a butterfly when im done.
lets ride

Offline barryadam

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 10:11:19 AM »
I found out the hard way, too, on the recent KDX maintenance.  The problem for me was that Motosport's on-line selection of parts fitting my bike profile included only the swing arm and linkage kits.  So I never realized I needed the third kit until I had the old bearings in my hand.  Since they don't have the shock kit for my bike, I never knew I needed it.  I gues you & I are in the same category, apparently.
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI

Offline turtle22

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 03:51:19 AM »
i guess its nice to know im not the only one not to be a mind reader around here :lol:
lets ride