Author Topic: Stickers or no?  (Read 1937 times)

Offline oic0

Stickers or no?
« on: May 08, 2009, 02:25:50 AM »
Before I had a bike I had grand dreams of pulling off the KX500 label and putting a 125 label on it. Maybe a 250 label if I'm feeling generious, but removing all other stickers. I really just don't care for them. Do I really need metal mulisha on my gas tank? Numbers on the front and side even though I don't race? and KX500 labels on it?

Long story short, do you guys think bikes look tacky when all of the labels have been removed and it is just bare plastic?
2000 KX500
1998 Warrior, with RD350 engine (Blown up)
1973 RD350 (In storage)

Offline azdirtrider75

Re: Stickers or no?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 02:31:20 AM »
Make it how you like it; don't worry about what others think. Another great thing about riding dirt bikes is working on them and customizing them. Working on it and changing it makes it your own.
Live in the Phoenix Metro? (East Valley) Contact me, let's ride
azdirtrider75
nateopie@hotmail.com

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 03:01:48 AM »
Some of the after market graphics look cool, but they always put their name or logo real big in the mix.  I won't pay money to advertise your graphics on my bike.  I still want to put
KX 125x4 on my swing arm, both sides.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 03:45:14 AM »
   Another thing about little custom items you do to your bike.  When I buy after market parts I stamp my initials or special number some where.  It's good to do something that you can see from a distance incase of theft or making it easy for your buddies to find you in a pack of bikes at the dunes.  I always put orange surveyors tape under my flag.  That way Stewart and K5Abuser can find me after I blow their hand grips off when we're racing.
    I put AC Pro nerf bars on my quad.  It takes a special net.  I had my user name embroidered on them.  They will have to remove them or cut that part out if they steal my quad.  I will call all the local bike shops and tell the parts dept.  If someone comes in for new nets for a KXF450R AC Pro nerf bars and they did not buy the bars from their shop, they probably stole my quad.
KX 500 Rider

Offline gwcrim

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/gwcrim
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 04:15:03 AM »
No stickers for me.  None at all unless required to ride somewhere.  Maybe something nice on the shrouds but that would be it for me.
~Crim~
You raise the blade
You make the change
You rearrange me 'til I'm sane

Offline oic0

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 05:28:11 AM »
I love the name all over idea. That way when the cops find the thief dead, killed by the bike, they know who to call to come pick it up.
2000 KX500
1998 Warrior, with RD350 engine (Blown up)
1973 RD350 (In storage)