Author Topic: Hi From Arizona  (Read 2261 times)

Offline azracer19

Hi From Arizona
« on: April 21, 2009, 03:48:58 AM »
. Hello and thank you for this site, I am a native Californian but now live in phoenix Arizona, lots of rocks, sandwashes and single trails. I ride and race a KX 500 I have owned a kx 500  purchasing one almost every year since 1985. I started racing in the old DRA at 10 years old ( desert racing association ) in the high desert of southern CA on a bike my dad had custom built, a van tech frame and a bridgestone engine. I look forward to being a part of this great website and gaining some valuable info in converting My 500 into a KX 500 AF

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
Re: Hi From Arizona
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 04:46:27 AM »
Welcome to the site.  With all the restrictions Calif. has implemented, is AZ. easy to find a place to ride?  Which do you like better?
CA or AZ?
KX 500 Rider

Offline azracer19

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 06:28:46 AM »
RESTRICTIONS IN CA are crazy, but a completly different dessert then AZ, Arizona is a better place to live , CA has bettr riding but it to is becomming hard to find places to ride. While working up north in Prescott ( in AZ pronounced PRECUT ) LOL made that mistake and it wasnt welcomed, anyway I found a campsite made for offroaders in the TREES. as soon as I can post pictures of the trails I will. Plan to go there and teach the girlfriend to ride my 125, I bought it new in 2001 and have ridding in 3 times...broke my elboe on the third ride...so its in pretty good shape. If i can stop the back wheel from kicking up over my head on jumps, it might be a little fun bike to ride

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 06:49:29 AM »
Hi, Yes, know about Prescutt. :lol: Welcome!

My k5 kicks and I'm out of adjustment also.  It doesn't do it at low speeds like now, when I haven't ridden in a while, but when I'm on my game and going fast, it likes to kick me. :|  I have a buddy sponsored by Race Tech so when the K5 is going again I'm going to talk to his contact to see what they can do for the shock. :-D

Offline azracer19

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 03:58:39 PM »
the K5 is good its the 125 that is scary while juming and your right only when your riding fast over big jumps the back in kicks over the front...i heard that that year 125 has a proggresive spring and it needs to be changed

stewart

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 03:59:40 PM »
glad your here