Author Topic: Had to show it off.  (Read 2296 times)

Offline wreck-n-roll rik

Had to show it off.
« on: April 05, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »
Well here it is my 1994 KX500.  I spent most the winter redoing and redoing it.  Yep redoing, redoing.  I did a fair number of things to it last summer to just get by after getting it in August.  So this winter installed a new Wisco Piston/rings, EBC Clutch w/ 10% stronger springs and steel plates, Rebuilt the front forks (great site and thanks for all the help), had the rear shock rebuilt (I know I could have done that as well, read the ?how to?), Tore the swing arm off and cleaned and greased thoroughly (everything was tight so no new parts), FX gripper seat cover (fist time so It?ll get better but still turned out nice), Installed the larger tank, Brush Guards, New Rear fender, Pro Tapper Bars, brakes and a  14/49 sprocket set-up.  I am going down to Dennis Kirk tomorrow to get a new rear tire and plastic.  But here is how she looks now and not wait to take for a ride.

Offline martinfan30

• 2000 KX500
Re: Had to show it off.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 11:53:46 PM »
Looks great!
2000 KX500
2005 XR650L

Neither are stock, and both are great desert bikes.

Offline emerk

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 04:57:19 AM »
Looks great!  Will you get a new graphics kit?  If so, Dennis Kirk?  Thanks,

emerk

Offline wreck-n-roll rik

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »
I have some new plastic ordered and tire, after that I'll getsome graphics.  I'm planning on running it in a Couple of Enduro Races this summer so machanics need to be right first. 

Offline wreck-n-roll rik

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 11:13:40 AM »
YES- YES-YES!!!!   I took it out adn what a differance it made.  I am floating o cloud nine or maybe cloud KX5.  If you can't tell I took it out fst a little tweaking of the carb and all was good:) :-D :-D :-D :-D