Author Topic: Help! Left side foot peg mount....  (Read 4660 times)

AZSingletracker

Help! Left side foot peg mount....
« on: November 22, 2003, 03:51:00 PM »
Is it just my 2003 KX5 or is the left side foot peg mount really weak? :?   I don't do any crazy MX style jumps and haven't had and major crashes. Yet, my left side foot peg mount after about 6 or 7 rides is bowing away from the frame and the peg is moving at an angle more and more towards the rear with each ride. It's now about 25 or 30 degrees off from where it should be and moved about 8 degrees or so just today with no crashes and just the weight of myself on it (200 LB rider). It's pretty frustrating to say the least.  :(

Does anyone make a nice after market peg mount or is it something that I am going to have to make myself? :roll:

Thanks for any input you can give.  8)

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 04:05:51 PM »
MJScore maybe able to help you out with this one. His shows a beefy left side mount. See pic from his photo album:

mjscore

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 11:57:56 PM »
Terry Cable makes a nice and very sturdy one out of machined steel. Ask your local dealer to order one from White Brothers or order direct from Terry Cable. I will try to get a better closeup picture of it and put it in the gallery.

AZSingletracker

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 05:25:31 AM »
Perfect! Just what I was looking for and just ordered one. It looks like a nice quality part and should hold up better than the stocker part.

Thanks for the help and info.

mikesmith

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 08:58:10 AM »
Thats one of the little flaws you have to fix,I know you ordered allready but pro circuit and Zip-Ty(Terry cables son) makes mounts also.Aluminum,steel,weld on,and bolt on,wider new style,or narrow old style.I havent changed mine but they need it,they sag to a point then dont spread much.

Offline bigborefan

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 03:43:41 AM »
I bought a set of Terycable Steel mounts in 94. I still have them on my bike. I have one weld on and one bolt on. My pegs are showroom tight. Great product.
2006 KTM 300XC
1994 KX 500 x 2
1991 KX 500
1988 KX 250

mikesmith

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 09:25:58 AM »
I had my stockers since new and they spread a 1/4" or more.Hammered them back,I knew they'd bend again and they are slowly spreading again.So aftermarket ones are worth the money!

NVR-FNSH

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 12:10:32 PM »
Quote from: bigborefan
I bought a set of Terycable Steel mounts in 94. I still have them on my bike. I have one weld on and one bolt on. My pegs are showroom tight. Great product.

How did you jig the right side peg so that the Terry Cable weld-on mount was in the stock location?  I bought a set of TC peg mounts years ago and never got around to mounting the right side......

Brian

Offline bigborefan

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2003, 06:08:05 AM »
Quote from: NVR-FNSH
Quote from: bigborefan

How did you jig the right side peg so that the Terry Cable weld-on mount was in the stock location?  I bought a set of TC peg mounts years ago and never got around to mounting the right side......

Brian
I had a machinist buddy weld them on. I really don't know what method he used.
2006 KTM 300XC
1994 KX 500 x 2
1991 KX 500
1988 KX 250