Author Topic: Back in it!  (Read 2256 times)

Offline BasketCase

Back in it!
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:33:19 AM »
Hey, my name is Chris, I live in Boise ID. and have been out of the dirt bike scene for quite awhile but with the recent purchase of a far from perfect 1994 KX500 I am anxious to get back in.  As happens more often then not, for me anyway, I went and looked, gave a quick spin, dropped $600 and put it in my truck.  Underneath a slew of new plastic was a broken sub frame, every wear item was indeed wore out, and water in the crank case I think from the water pump seal, at least I hope.  I guess its good I like to tinker almost as much as ride so this will fill two needs.  Its good to have such an informative site available, see you on the trails.
Nitrous is like a hot chic with STD's , you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
Re: Back in it!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 12:07:21 PM »
Welcome to the site, if you use the search function, you can find out anything you need to know about the Mighty KX500.
  It wont be long and you will have that thing looking good and up on the back wheel.
  If you stop by Michigan, I would be happy to show you some trails.
  John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline MonsterKX

• 1995 "Fire Breather" project.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 07:39:56 AM »
Hey Chris, welcome to the site.  I got my 1995 KX500 pretty much under the same pretense as you.  Let me tell you though, it is so worth the time to resurrect these fire breathers.  I just need a new pipe and a base gasket and all will be good.  I also ride a 2006 KX450F and have a great time on that also.  I'm from Clifton, ID and took about a 20 year break from riding too.  This is a great site and has a lot of smart people that give tons if good info. Ride hard!!!

Offline JohnJr

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »
Welcome Chris, like the saying goes GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT, lot of knowledge around here, Ive got a 01 just to putt around on when I GOT TIME work and military limits me.John jr.Im around here in Portsmouth,Va. 15 miles from Va. Beach,Virginia
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:21:59 PM by JohnJr »