Author Topic: Hello from Ontario  (Read 3571 times)

Offline 93KX5Rider

Hello from Ontario
« on: February 20, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »
Hey I signed up because I got a 93' KX500 a year or so ago and I've been putting some work in on it and I found this site when trying to find out the stock needle jet was... I can't believe 2-stroke are practically going out of production! :cry: I'm going to keep my Kx5 forever! Anyways, just thought I'd come through and introduce myself instead of just using the forum for reference and stuff. Take care guys.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:21:01 PM by 93KX5Rider »

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
Re: Hello from Ontario
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 11:04:34 PM »
Welcome  where in Ontario do you ride ? Are trail permits required ? Does your province require an off road vehicle permit ?
 I visit the Sault Ste Marie area and Montreal area for skiing and have always wanted to try trail riding in summer.
 John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline Icerider

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 12:07:17 AM »
Hi Ya

2nd that, where in the great white province? Gota love it up here where we have to put 1500 tiny screws in our tires to have year round fun...lol

Depends where you ride, but offroad plates are required and most places only allow ATV riders to buy trail permits(discrimination?).

I'm in Peterborough, 1 1/2 NE of Toronto and am in the  middle of stuffing an 87 KX5 into a Mojave.

Scott

Offline 93KX5Rider

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 02:31:14 PM »
Hey Icerider, I'm 2 hours east of Toronto near a town called Campbellford. I have not gone Ice racing yet but I have a feeling that is what my bike was used for before I bought it. Someone I know did all sorts of studying so they could enter an ice race this year on their quad and it got canceled and he put a screw in too far on one of his front tires and gave himself a flat. Terrible luck. I have not gotten my bike on the trails yet but from what I've heard you just need a rear brake light on your bike and to pay the $200 to get your trail license/plate... I think there may also be restrictions on how loud your bike is but I'm not positive on it so don't quote me on it because I'm just talking out my ass. Anyways I'm glad to be a part of the community.

- Peace.  :evil:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 04:17:51 AM by 93KX5Rider »

Offline 93KX5Rider

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 04:17:25 AM »
Took some pictures of my bike today and I just thought I would post them up. I couldn't find a gallery part of the forum so i'm just going to post the photos here.

So there are my 2 babies! The little guy's name is Bully Boy/Bear or any other variation you like LoL. He is a pure bread English black Labrador and he's a great dog. I can start up my Kx500 and he doesn't get scared at all and when I try to ride off he even wants to run around and chase me... I have to take off quickly so that he just gives up right away and doesn't try to follow me the whole time and over exert himself which isn't healthy. It's not like its hard to take off quickly on a KX500 :wink:. Anyways I love my dog and I love my bike and here they are for you to enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 04:23:56 AM by 93KX5Rider »

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 05:08:52 AM »
My dog goes nuts if I act like I'm going for a ride.  When I start a quad or bike she starts barking and nipping at my leg until I get going.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Icerider

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:21:23 AM »
Ahhhh yes Cambellford, know it well.
Home of Worlds Finest Chocolate, a KX500 and a good lookin Lab.....
Playin on the ice is like turning your Mx bike into a R1 with sticky slicks. You can touch the pegs on the corners and of course with a 500, do 5 gear wheelies at will. Its a hoot just playing around on a frozen lake with some friends.

Offline 93KX5Rider

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 10:59:41 AM »
Thanks. I love my lab. I was just amazed by him not being frightened by any of that stuff. My other dogs are like affraid of the vacuum so I assumed my lab would be scared of the dirt bike. I imagine that ice racing/riding is great fun because you can just hold the throttle wide open the whole time. And since I have my 500 I would probably be kicking up snow in every one's face unless there was another 500 or an excellent rider. I just have not had time so far to get out there and try it. I have only been up here for a little over 2 years so I havn't found the time but I'm sure I will sooner or later. Thanks for posting.

- Peace.  :evil:

Offline 93KX5Rider

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 09:18:37 AM »
So decided to cut down my rear fender a bit because I like the look way better. Here is the before and after...

Before...

AFTER!....

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:00:30 AM by 93KX5Rider »

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 01:54:02 AM »
What is that white stuff in your pictures? :lol: :lol:
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline 93KX5Rider

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 03:51:50 AM »
What is that white stuff in your pictures? :lol: :lol:

That's the evil stuff on the ground keeping me off my bike for a few months still. It's killing me!!!! The weather is slowly getting nicer and the snow start melting away... But as soon as the snow is just about gone and I'm thinking about getting on my bike in and into the mud IT SNOWS ONCE AGAIN!... the snow was almost gone and then last night it snowed again! blaaaaaaah!

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 02:14:14 AM »
 Welcome,
 I don't have nearly as hard a winter out here(Northern Cal.) as when I was Growing up in Ohio. Winter seemed to last forever when I was a kid.
 We used to say March comes in like a Lion and out Like a Lamb.
  Hang in there!
  Tuck\o/   
"The Truth Has No Agenda"