Author Topic: googles?  (Read 2505 times)

Offline turtle22

• '89 & '01 kx500 '87 fxr HD '80 xr500
googles?
« on: July 02, 2009, 01:01:02 PM »
so i wear eye glasses to see. but when i try to wear them with my Spy Alloy googles,my glasses fog up super fast. ive seen some google for wearing both. but i could not see much differants in them. i really dont want to spend high dollars on procription googles seeing how fast i go thru lens riding in the desert and mountains. anyone got any ideas?
lets ride

Offline DoldGuy

Re: googles?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »
Check out Pro-Vue. I don't wear glasses (yet) but have friends that have used their products & won't use anything else & supposed to be reasonable on price. I always use tear offs (even when dry) as it greatly extends lense life. Hope it helps.
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 10:50:27 AM »
Turtle
 I used to have that same problem when riding in the rain or when skiing. I now have three sets of Smiths Goggles that have a tiny battery operated fan in them. These work great  while skiing, making the fogging a thing of the past. During normal summer riding, I can use a regular set of Oakley goggles, but in the rain or cold fall riding I use the Smiths fan goggles. They arent cheap but worth every penny. If they fail to operate,send them back to Smiths, they will replace them for free, a great company to deal with.
 John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline turtle22

• '89 & '01 kx500 '87 fxr HD '80 xr500
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 01:30:45 PM »
Turtle
 I used to have that same problem when riding in the rain or when skiing. I now have three sets of Smiths Goggles that have a tiny battery operated fan in them. These work great  while skiing, making the fogging a thing of the past. During normal summer riding, I can use a regular set of Oakley goggles, but in the rain or cold fall riding I use the Smiths fan goggles. They arent cheap but worth every penny. If they fail to operate,send them back to Smiths, they will replace them for free, a great company to deal with.
 John
do u have a model #. i was looking throu some catologes and did not see those. how much are the replacement lens? cause if the lens r under say $10 then eating the high price for the system does not seem to bad of a deal
lets ride

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 10:27:07 AM »
Turtle
 My favorite fan goggle is a Smiths Prodigy. It has the best battery life of the three. I get all my ski lenses from  " 1 800 Pro Lense "  just give them a call and the lense is in your mailbox in a few days.  Ski lenses are two layer like a double pane window glass.
  I do not think ski lenses are under $10 like dirt bike goggles.
 John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.