Author Topic: Thank God for Good People!  (Read 1618 times)

Offline stock500

Thank God for Good People!
« on: October 04, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »
As I was on my way riding today, my bike fell off the trailor and bounced down the road.  I was totally releaved to find that the only damage was a broked clutch perch, lever, rear fender, and a slight tear in the seat.  The new pro taper fat bars that I was almost to cheap to buy did'nt even bend!  I guess they are worth the money.  Anyway I as I started riding I remembered that I forgot to change my carb for the lower altitude.  I ride about 7,000ft most of the time, and today I was at 4,000.  Like a dork I forgot my tools and had no way to change my carb settings.  As I was loading my bike to go home, some other riders came over to see what was wrong.  They pushed me aside and changed my jetting, and put a new perch and clutch lever on my bike, and rigged my broked fender so I would'nt get so much sand on my back.  The new clutch set up is way easier to pull also.  I tried to pay them, but they would not hear of it.  They totally saved my day!!!  It is nice to have folks out there that are willing to help out.  Thanks to all of you who would be willing to do anything like this to a fellow rider or all of you who have done this for a fellow rider.  I hope that they get some good karma for hooking me up!
It's all in the wrist!  Save a tire, shift early!

Offline KXcam22

Re: Thank God for Good People!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
Thats really nice to hear. Remember to pass on the good deed. I ride a 450 but still pack a cheap 2-stroke plug just so I can save someones ride.  I have given away 2 this year to very grateful riders. It's nice to be able to help another rider on the trail. Cam.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 02:58:34 PM by KXcam22 »

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 07:52:17 AM »
omg ,i would cry out loud if that happened :-o
how come ?? something did break?

anyway its great to hear the good ending though 8-)
praise ,m and carry the good deed on
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 12:10:54 PM »
stock500, from my experiences, you see more grace and generosity from people in the west than any other part of the country. don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing the rest of the country, i'm just sharing my experience. there are good people all over this great country of ours and its great to hear that strangers were willing to help out.

kxcam, thanks for your generosity to fellow riders. i hope you are around next time my bike breaks in the field. then i can tap your brain for all your kx500 info/knowledge.