Author Topic: GPS steering damper kx500  (Read 11114 times)

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
Re: GPS steering damper kx500
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 10:31:09 AM »
Randy or his Dad will fix you up with anything you need, just give them a call.  My cr used a weld on post. But my KX500 I have a clamp on. Mine did come loose the first time without removing paint, but after removing the paint, mine has been tight for four years. If I were having a cronic looseness problem, I wouldnt think twice about changing to a weld on post. On my CR250, I drilled a hole all the way through the frame tube, then welded it on top and bottom, that way I had a "double shear" type of mount , that is very strong.
 John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline bunk

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 02:09:44 PM »
Thanks... When you refer to "Randy or his Dad" are they the owners of GPR?
01' 500

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
 Yes, at least they were last time I talked with them.  I do not know them personally but only through dealing with them. I found  them to be very helpful every time I called them. I wish all companies were as easy and accomodating as thier company.  They really bent over backwards to help me, not many companies are like this, many just give you the run around.
    John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline BDI

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 01:49:01 PM »
Yes, at least they were last time I talked with them.  I do not know them personally but only through dealing with them. I found  them to be very helpful every time I called them. I wish all companies were as easy and accomodating as thier company.  They really bent over backwards to help me, not many companies are like this, many just give you the run around.
    John
I totaly agree I have had a better experience with them then any other company I have ever delt with.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!