Author Topic: BDIs flag mount  (Read 2961 times)

Offline BDI

BDIs flag mount
« on: June 28, 2008, 01:35:16 PM »
Stewart asked me what I did for a flag so here it is. I have tried lots of different things over the years and have never had good luck with any of them, but this. Some things just work and this works good. I like to use the axle mount flag mount but it will break on the kx500 if you don't support it so I use a pro-circuit cable guide on my fender. When you put the axle mount on the bike set the angle you want for the flag and then put the guide on the fender.You want the flag pole at the back of the guide when the bike is at rest because when the suspension goes through its travel the flag pole is going to want to move to the front of the guide. Moose makes a similar cable mount and you can also buy a plastis drawer pull from the hardware store that also has the same screw spread. The axle mount flag mount is very comon my flag mount is a custom one off BDI part.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 01:52:39 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

stewart

Re: BDIs flag mount
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »
thats a great setup im copying it ..thanks brian,,  p,s, what tire pressure would you run in the turbo  paddle

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »
brian, that looks like a good setup. the mount i posted last year works pretty well, but the stem will eventually break off where it's mounted from the constant whipping back and forth. the cable guide definitely looks like the way to go. it would control the amount of movement so the whip stem won't break off. trust me it really sucks when you stop somewhere and the whip is gone, then you get to return to the truck for the spare whip. nice job brian. MADDOGGY

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 04:29:59 PM »
thats a great setup im copying it ..thanks brian,,  p,s, what tire pressure would you run in the turbo  paddle

Thanks Stewart, I run 16 psi but first I run the tire pressure up to 40 psi then I set the rim lock, then I back the psi down to 16.

Offline BDI

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 07:04:38 PM »
brian, that looks like a good setup. the mount i posted last year works pretty well, but the stem will eventually break off where it's mounted from the constant whipping back and forth. the cable guide definitely looks like the way to go. it would control the amount of movement so the whip stem won't break off. trust me it really sucks when you stop somewhere and the whip is gone, then you get to return to the truck for the spare whip. nice job brian. MADDOGGY

Right on thanks, You know because the mounting point is so far down when you forget that you have a flag and sling your leg over you don't break off the flag. When you get ejected off the back (not that ever happens to me  :-D) You don't break off the flag. I used to lose a flag every time I rode, The reason that I included a picture of my flag was to show how long this flag has been on my bike. I don't know who makes the quick release flag mount I'm using but if you can find one buy it, it is bar none the best flag holder I have ever used, you can get the flag in and out very easy and I have never lost a flag out of it. The thing that makes my setup work so well is the fender guide. I spent hundreds of $$$$ on flag crap before I settled on this.

P.S. The jolly roger is a must for any true sand pirate. RRRRRRRRR
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 07:25:15 PM by BDI »

Offline BDI

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 07:10:47 AM »
Stewart how did the flag thing turn out :? Did you take any picture of what you did  :? I think you said that one of them got broke when I spoke to you last, what are the details on that. Also what's your opinion on the paddle tire  :?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:23:04 AM by BDI »

stewart

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 09:08:03 AM »
flag mounts and turbo paddle worked great  thanks for the dirction on both