Author Topic: Where to make the hole for Compression Release?  (Read 2493 times)

4x4max

Where to make the hole for Compression Release?
« on: January 19, 2008, 04:01:38 AM »
I'm going to go around a couple machine shops around here and see who can make a threaded hole in my engine for a compression release system. I know it should be on the intake side of the engine, but where exactly is it supposed to go? I saw a thread with a couple pictures, but i'm wondering if there's a better/easier spot for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

Re: Where to make the hole for Compression Release?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 05:20:25 AM »
I have found this first picture, and saw a simuler decompression releaser on a 580 KTM quad.
Or how Geboers did it in 89.

Dutchie
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline monster malibu

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 03:50:20 AM »
Is anyone here using a compression release on their kx500? I might try one if I could get some good feedback on them. I'd ride my 500 more if it wasn't such a pain in the @** to kick.

Offline KXcam22

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 08:05:02 AM »
The first picture it the one that I have seen.  In the old days euiro bikes had two pluig holes and the comp release went in the 2nd hole.  You could modify your head if there is an area near the plug with no waterjacket.  OIther wise it would be a bit of work. How about using the thicker head gasket to reduce the comp a touch?  Cam.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 03:39:32 PM »
I bought a new cyc from Kawasaki.  With my discount it was $444.00.  I sent it to http://www.accu-products.com/  .  I can't give you any feed back because my K5 only has 40 easy hours on it.  I have a new piston and rings ready when it needs a rebuild.  I have a major right knee injury.  Sometimes it takes a few kicks when cold but warm it's one kick.  I can't just jump on the bike and start kicking away or I will injure the knee.  Hot or cold I must be diligent and think about what I'm doing.  I have to use my right hand to get my foot/leg to the top of the stroke.  Kicking down isn't the problem it's lifting the leg to do the kick.

As I typed that answer I thought to myself "I've typed that before"................................................

FLAME ON........................................
Don't take this personal, but it's time for some constructive a$$ eating.

We paid big dollars for the search button.  Everything your asking can be found here http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,4144.0.html
In less time than it took you to type your post you could have had all the answers to your question.
When I typed in "compression release" in the search I found 19 different posts about compression release'
Including  Where to make the hole for Compression Release?
I spend allot of time sending all new members a meet and greet asking to help keep this site free by using the search button to keep from over posting the same questions.  I keep this site running because I'm a 2 stroke K5 gear head.  Not for the money I get to spend.  I'm not asking for a donation.  Since I took over I don't even know where the money goes if someone donates.  So don't donate because the money will not go to me.  I'm still learning how to run the site and will remove the donate thing when I learn how.  Year to date I have spent $435.00 for disk space upgrade, band width, domain name and the $35 bucks for a web guy to look the site over.

I think you and all reading this think this is a cool site.  And free is even cooler, yes?
I thought it was so cool I took over the daily grind of keeping it up and running.

FLAME OFF..................Thanks for you help with this problem,
Danger4u2 aka David J.
KX 500 Rider