Author Topic: FMF Pipe  (Read 3138 times)

Offline sokal

FMF Pipe
« on: November 21, 2007, 06:57:09 AM »
I bought an FMF pipe on E-bay it's a gnarly pipe. but then it says IMS and it mounts differant. looks like a zpi-ty style maybe. Do I need some other brkt or does it just mount to radiator mount instead of the broken upper mount. the bike is apart right now and if I need to find something else I would like to start on it now.

jolly green thumper

Re: FMF Pipe
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 02:55:29 AM »
I purchased the same pipe from EBAY 2 weeks ago. Have not had a chance to put it on yet. Will not be very happy if the brackets are different. Seller assured me the pipe would bolt right on. After reading some recent posts I should have bought a Pro Circuit instead.

Offline demographic

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 03:10:28 AM »
Just as a matter of interest, how much did these pipes cost?

jolly green thumper

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 03:20:31 AM »
$125 for mine

Offline demographic

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:19:39 AM »
$125 for mine

If it is a zipty style pipe and you don't want it I would be willing to pay you what you paid for it as long as its in good condition.
It will have to be after crimbo but I am interested all the same.

Does it look like this?

You can roughly see how it mounts from the photo.

Offline sokal

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 05:26:10 AM »
$102.15 plus shiping

I put everything together it bolted right up. better then the stock mount that always brakes. I rode it yesterday and it works great. I was checking the jeting and with this pipe it much easier to take the plug out. I made a few changes at the same time so I can't tell if the pipe was the improvement or something else but the bike is running better then ever.

I had a pro circuit on it had a dent or 2 and I understand the Gnarly pipe is heaver gage metal so it won't dent as easy I think that would make as much a power differance as anything. the K5 has so much power I don't how pepole can tell the power differance from one pipe to next, maybe I just don't ride hard enough
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 06:20:44 AM by sokal »

Offline sokal

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 05:49:01 AM »

If it is a zipty style pipe and you don't want it I would be willing to pay you what you paid for it as long as its in good condition.
It will have to be after crimbo but I am interested all the same.

Does it look like this?
You can roughly see how it mounts from the photo.

yes thats what it looks like there is another on e-bay now item #320185163495 this guy must have a bunch of them
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 06:19:20 AM by sokal »

Offline demographic

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 10:13:38 AM »
Doesn't seem to have the extra bend of the lowboy pipe, not sure about that one.

Offline cyclepsych0

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 04:48:42 PM »
Stated in the auction....ps: the picture shown is not the actual pipe, it is just a sample
 :-D