Author Topic: Whats up?  (Read 3605 times)

BLAZE

Whats up?
« on: July 31, 2006, 04:46:16 AM »
Hey whats up? I just thought I would drop in and introuduce myself. I am from the OklahomaCity area and I just purchased a pretty hoped up 99 KX125. I love it. I cant get enough I find myself riding it every spare moment I get! :-D
Anyways Great site and I cant wait to get to know everyone!(If anyone around  is planning a trail/MX ride or trail maintenance let me know and I am always down!  8-)

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
Re: Whats up?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 06:07:46 AM »
Hello there, nice to meet ya in cyberspace.  Tricked out Kx125 sounds cool.  Peace.  Sly

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 08:15:49 AM »
Blaze,  I ride the river at N.E. 23 just west of Sooner road.  From I-35 go east on N.E. 23rd street, when you pass Coltrain watch for the river bridge (about 3/4 mile) a dirt road on the West side of the bridge on the South side of 23rd will get you over the levee and on to the river.  It's free to ride so watch out.  On any given day you will have professional riders all the way to people that should not be on a bike anywhere.  I have never had a theft problem but I lock everything in the truck.  I chain and padlock my ramp and stuff that won't fit in the truck.
Danger
KX 500 Rider

BLAZE

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 08:34:23 AM »
Sounds awsome! :-D Thanks alot I had no idea it was there..Ive been paying to ride at the Lakes.(Draper,Murry,ElReno.etc)

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 02:14:42 AM »
Welcome Blaze. Excellent choice in forums. Sounds like you got yourself a beast there. I've also got a '99 KX125. Sweet choice in-bike.

BLAZE

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:01:10 AM »
Thanks alot I am glad to have found this forum! It is awsome and so are all the people. :-D
Yeah my KX was a GREAT starter bike for me she is fast, but I am 5'11 220lbs and need something a little bigger. I am looking for a bike that would maybe be a little better in the woods but I can still hit the MX tracks with my friends for some good laughs. :lol:
(maybe a KX250F with some sort of suspension for the woods..Hows the KLX300R?
I am definitely getting a K5 when I get a few years of riding in.-I do know one thing, whatever I get it will be GREEN! 8-)

Offline Timbowe

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »
Hey Blaze save yourself the trouble of going through all those different bikes now, just get out there and find ya self a decent 500 now. While they are still in reasonable nick. Also cheap over there. The price is starting to creep up here now for the goodies. They are nothing to be scared of at all, in fact if you want to become a better rider faster, I can recomend that this is the bike for you. Power valves are a wonderfull thing on these bikes. You can just putt round in the tight forestry stuff or give the message out in the river bed if you want. DIVERSE is the key word here. Totall all round good bike for any one. Agree guys??
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

BLAZE

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 06:39:19 PM »
I guess I did not think of it that way. -DIVERSE- 8-) good point!
Anyone agree?.........

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 07:22:37 PM »
Timbowe is dead on with the power talk.  The KX500 has a very good and smooth power delivery from bottom to top.  The powervalve system (kips) creates a Four-Stroke feel, especially if the bike has a stock motor (no mods).  On the contrary, the CR500 has a pretty nasty (but awesome) power band since it has no powervalve and a smaller flywheel.

Buy a KX500, keep it stock if possible (maybe even a desert bike that someone added a flywheel weight which would smooth the bottom power even more and lessen stalls), and hit some trails.  The geometry of the bike is great for pretty much anything except MX track type stuff.  Oh yeah, you can't beat the seat!  Nicest of all the big bikes!  :wink:

Furious
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 02:53:02 PM by FuriouSly »