Author Topic: Riding with 4 wheelers  (Read 2554 times)

Offline SMPKX500

Riding with 4 wheelers
« on: March 21, 2008, 03:33:23 PM »
Last weekend I went riding with the four wheelers. All my friends ride Polaris800 and other types of quads. They didn't think I would cross the creeks but they were wrong. The K. X. ran like a champ.  Right through water straight up to my seat.  Then when we got out into large  sandy areas I sprayed them all!
They  soon discovered that the frontwheel never touches the ground.  Right up to the part where I wheelie past them.
For some reason no one else would ride it. :evil:
500cc Thumper Smackdown!

Offline stock500

Re: Riding with 4 wheelers
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 02:33:33 AM »
Thats funny!  I do think that the situation would be a little different if you were riding with some performance quads.  You would still kill them on the K5 though.
It's all in the wrist!  Save a tire, shift early!

Offline Kawasakinut

• s#@t plus two equals eight
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 04:34:48 AM »
its all in the wrist. nice i like that
htpp://www.youtube.com/jimvpa

Offline SMPKX500

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:41:34 PM »
Thats funny!  I do think that the situation would be a little different if you were riding with some performance quads.  You would still kill them on the K5 though.
Yeah right. Like a 450 quad would keep up.  They sometimes give me troubles by blocking but as soon as I get space I pass right by them.  Something about half the weight of the 500 CC to stroke doesn't help either.
500cc Thumper Smackdown!

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 07:34:55 PM »
In any other environment than Sand Dunes... and maybe Hunting big game or something... I see no good reason to bother with those destroyers of terrain.

Not only that though... I noticed that quads have this unique thing of being able to shake their heads in a side-to-side rotational kinda way (because of two points of contact out front) which can seriously aggravate shoulder bursitis from previous injuries in a fierce way!  :|

They are fun to powerslide in the dunes with... but I'd much rather be able to jump the long distances and haul the kinda ass that you can only do on a regular (500cc two-stroke) dirtbike out they're.
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

AwfulSmokey

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »
Last weekend I went riding with the four wheelers. All my friends ride Polaris800 and other types of quads. They didn't think I would cross the creeks but they were wrong. The K. X. ran like a champ.  Right through water straight up to my seat.  Then when we got out into large  sandy areas I sprayed them all!
They  soon discovered that the frontwheel never touches the ground.  Right up to the part where I wheelie past them.
For some reason no one else would ride it. :evil:

Give them a good roosting for me too! Having to ride here in Florida, where they have ridden sucks! The ruts they make creates sugar sand at uneven levels.