Author Topic: 1994 KX125 plastic change  (Read 11010 times)

Offline Dylan57878

1994 KX125 plastic change
« on: June 02, 2017, 03:35:33 AM »
Hey guys, I've recently been doing up a 1994 KX125 and I want to replace the graphics kit, and plastics. I am based in South Africa. And bringing in parts from America from E-Bay is very expensive. Does anybody know if I can fit the latest KX front fender and number plate to my bike. And if so when to get them cheap? URGENTLY need you guy's help please.

Offline KXDINO

Re: 1994 KX125 plastic change
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 06:31:51 AM »
there a good chance the front fender will fit check and measure off another late model kx , as for other plastic to fit some other models  come close , if your good at fabricating you make any thing fit , it all comes down to how neat you do it , it helps if you know someone with the model bike you are trying to up date to so you can try a mock up with.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 07:25:07 AM »
Hey guys, I've recently been doing up a 1994 KX125 and I want to replace the graphics kit, and plastics. I am based in South Africa. And bringing in parts from America from E-Bay is very expensive. Does anybody know if I can fit the latest KX front fender and number plate to my bike. And if so when to get them cheap? URGENTLY need you guy's help please.

Seems to be a hot topic lately...

Welcome to the site Dylan.

You can use any year front fender, you could even throw on a Honda or Suzuki front if ya wanted to  :|. Like KXDINO said, you may have to do a bit of trimming/fitting to mate up a # plate to go with it...mainly where it concerns the bolt mounting holes....I have a feeling you may run into an issue there, and that's where you may have to get creative...not a big deal, so don't sweat it. Some of the newer bikes I've seen the bolts eliminated, and they just use the rubber band that wraps around the back of the fork, and re-connects to the # plate, securing it in place.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Dylan57878

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 08:45:25 PM »
Do you guys know of any place/ way to bring it in cheaper ? A lot of the time the shipping costs more than the actual product, and our weaker economy here doesn't help either :cry: :cry:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 02:14:17 AM »
Do you guys know of any place/ way to bring it in cheaper ? A lot of the time the shipping costs more than the actual product, and our weaker economy here doesn't help either :cry: :cry:

both UFO and Acerbis have locations in Italy, and Maier has a location in the UK, and PoliSport is in Portugal...
 I'm not sure if that'll make things cheaper or even more, shipping wise....you'll have to contact them and find out.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ