Author Topic: 2006 kx100 rebuild/bottom end noise  (Read 4775 times)

Offline MadKawiDisease

2006 kx100 rebuild/bottom end noise
« on: June 04, 2017, 08:57:06 AM »
Hey kx riders! just got my motor back together and installed on the bike. It cranks and runs pretty good. Got thru a few heat cycles as part of the break in, but noticed some noise from the bottom end. The noise stops when I pull the clutch in. I'm thinking it's the bearing in the pressure plate it didn't want to stay seated during installation. Anybody ever have this problem? Also I'm thinking some of the noise may be coming from the slight bit of play I had in the primary drive gear. Anybody ever have to shim their drive gear before? Thanks for the input!

Offline MadKawiDisease

Re: 2006 kx100 rebuild/bottom end noise
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 05:46:32 AM »
I've been doing some more reading on the subject the last couple days. I'm planning on replacing the needle bearings in the clutch basket and filing down the sides where it's been notched. I replaced the crank and all the other bearings but the clutch is original except the plates from what I can tell. As far as the primary drive gear I figure that's due to the fact that it's a wiseco crank. I'm considering putting a shim in between the clip and the gear. Also I realized I have a 2005 motor on a 2006 frame. The 2006 use a nut to secure the drive gear

Offline MadKawiDisease

Re: 2006 kx100 rebuild/bottom end noise
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 12:59:58 PM »
I made a brass shim for the drive gear. It filled the gap and rotates with the gear. I filed down the sides of the clutch basket. It's much more quiet now!  8-)