Author Topic: Paddle Tires/Terrian  (Read 1700 times)

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Paddle Tires/Terrian
« on: July 12, 2005, 12:36:31 AM »
I have a quick question about Paddle tires, while I've read threads on how to paddle on sand, I am curious how it will work on hard packed grass/semi packed sand. I was, before the rebuild, having major issues with startouts because of traction. So, I purchased a paddle tire and a swingarm to help control it, but has anybody had any experience with riding a paddle on the grass or in the hard packed dirt/sand?

Offline alan

• Administrator
Paddle Tires/Terrian
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 02:19:19 AM »
If you ride with a paddle tire on anything but soft sand it will beat you to death! It would vibrate every bolt in your bike loose and rattle your teeth out!
Unlike some quad tires where there are intermediate little paddles, I have never seen any paddle tire that you could use on anything but sand, maybe mud!

Alan
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

hoopty

Paddle Tires/Terrian
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 02:34:59 AM »
Skat Trak Viper, i think... that one has blades and knobbies. Not sure how well it works though :?

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Paddle Tires/Terrian
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 03:09:24 AM »
I put on a +6 swingarm. Would that make a diffrence? I am kinda hoping I can get a little jump on the strips and a little more traction with the paddle, but maybe I need to look into wider rim? I was hoping that a extended swing arm would hopefully take the bump out of the paddles?