Author Topic: Engine Builder  (Read 1809 times)

afritts4u

Engine Builder
« on: September 12, 2005, 03:36:20 AM »
I have my top end apart, was ready to drop in a new piston and found some blow by marks, a small gouge in cylinder wall and a cracked bridge on the intake side.

I was going to have in replated by www.lancourt.com (they did a excellent job on my TM kart motor) for $150.00.  

I noticed the rod has a little too much play and would like the cofidence of a "tight" motor rebuilt all the way bottom end and top.

Eric Gorrs forward motion is closed for september and I need this done in the next two weeks.

I live in Southern California. No luck searching the web but does anyone know a good complete engine builder in this area?

Offline KXcam22

RE: Engine Builder
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 02:40:15 AM »
AF,
  You might want to check your rod against the specs.  I was going to replace mine since I could feel play and hear an up and down "clink".  According to the specs (and mechanics) this normal play for the KX500 rod. Cam.

afritts4u

RE: Engine Builder
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 05:00:29 AM »
Ok so its designed to be that way,lol.  I checked my manual and it is within the specs. I had 90psi so the new top end should be noticable I can't wait to get it back together! Its cooling off in the so cal desert its time to ride!!