Author Topic: 2003 kx 65  (Read 12167 times)

Offline bens87braap

• Be good or be good at it!!!
    • Bens You Tube
2003 kx 65
« on: August 13, 2015, 10:42:17 PM »
Heres some pics of the newest member of the family (Ally) Picked her up for the young bloke last wednesday night

After waking up early on Thursday morning off for a short ride at 7.30AM.   
Mums now awake so off to get a new helmet like Dads lol I was loading the car and trailer with enough gear to last us 4 days.

Spent the first night just with Jordan,  was great to have some one on one time with him and his new bike before all the boys turn up

Some shots it almost looks a little small for him but he can only just reach the ground on flat,  He doesnt race so I need him to be able to touch the ground and start the bike by himself

Wasnt long before he started to get the feel for the bike.  He told me it felt fluffy when he jumped and landed

We decided to let him come along on a ride with all the boys it was great best thing was at night he could sit down around the fire and tell his story about the ride we had,  Jordan felt included in the whole trip,  Heres Dave our Guide stopping to flag Jordan through the intersections,  He loved it  (Dave that is)  just as much as Jordan

Made it home and he has rode the bike almost every night after school

Offline umberto

• Administrator
  • First Ride 02-02-19
Re: 2003 kx 65
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 04:32:28 AM »
That looks like a really nice little bike!  Those are great memories you are making with your son.  My dad took me riding a lot as a kid, and those are some of my favorite memories of riding.
Perhaps I have a dirt bike addiction?

03 KX 250/88 KX 525/2017 KX250F - Goliath
17 KX250F/04 KX250
04 KX 250 - Lunchbox's Bike
05 KX 125/144

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 08:22:03 AM »
that bike looks d**n near brand new...nice score there!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 09:05:22 PM »
yeah it basically is a brand new bike I payed 1400 AUS for it,  Only been ridden by a young girl and I know the family they live not far from me so he wasnt crapping me around.   

Only bad thing was it was fouling plugs.  I decided to look at carb and noticed that the air screw was seated, wasnt out 1.5 turns or anything.  I set the air screw to the best of my knowledge and it is now 2.5 turns out bike runs well :)

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 08:49:42 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:28:44 PM by bens87braap »

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 02:10:35 PM »
Hey guys short update on whats happening Down Under.

Last weekend I took Jordan away camping we had a blast we needs more practice as we are both entering the Vic MX series next year. 

We have a race in 3 weeks that is just a practice race for us as I have never started behind a gate before either has Jordan.

So the trip went well apart from a hill that Jordan was convinced he could get up.

well the first try ended pear shaped

Crashes involved in a slow trip back to camp and rest

At one stage he was so close the bike just sort of hung up their at the top

Once he worked it all out what gear how much revs he pulled up the hill 3 times in a row like it was nothing

Lets make a deal about it!!!

Great Job deserves a fist bump!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 09:58:18 AM »
that's cool!
that hill is deceiving in the 1st 4 pics...looks like it's pretty steep.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 02:14:42 PM »
very steep just at the top for about 4 foot we use it as a kicka but Jordan has to ride those little wheels straight up it

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 01:47:01 PM »
Can anyone give me any tips on how to tame these little weapons?  Jordan still cant ride the bike on the pipe he had a couple of scares and if I cant do something with the bike I will sell it and get him a KLX110   I really want to keep the 65 and he wants to race next season but I cant see it working the way he is riding the bike.   I rode the bike myself and everygear the front lifts when u hit that magic spot can it be tamed down a little?

Offline Lon

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 07:15:54 AM »
This is awesome and nothing better than having your son as a rider for life..Been riding with my son for almost a season now..He finished this season with a 2003 Yamaha PW50 and we just got him a new (used but new to us) 2001 KX60 for Christmas,he doesn't even know yet..Hes 6 years old now and will be 7 years old March 23rd so the KX60 will be a HUGE step up from the PW50 ..

With that said,do what I might do..My son has awesome throttle control but if it ends up being too much for him,im taking the carb-slide out of the carb and putting a small nut on it..
What im saying it take the carb-slide off,take the cable off the carb-slide then slide a nut on the cable then put the slide back on..That way the carb only opens about 3/4 of the way vs full throttle..If its still too much,add another nut..