Author Topic: Front sand tires  (Read 1907 times)

Offline GDubb

Front sand tires
« on: May 08, 2005, 05:21:07 PM »
Ive been considering getting a new front sand tire and was wondering if anyone here has ever ridden with a ribbed front sand tire or sand knobby and if there were any suggestions. I'm looking to get a little more stability and control at the dunes, and havent been able to find any first -hand info on what its like to ride with a front rib.
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

afritts4u

Front sand tires
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 11:30:33 AM »
I rode a cr250 with a front double ribed sand tire because the used bike came with one. Unless you ride only sand, or have 2 sets of wheels I dont think it is worth it. I now ride my KX500 with my regular off road front and it actually seems more stable than the double ribed I had for my honda. The ribed fronts seem to kinda hook slide, hook slide. I like a more forgiving feel in the sand. Im no pro rider but do ride duns 10-20 times a year.

Offline GDubb

Front sand tires
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 05:11:54 PM »
Whats your opinion on something like this? And yes, I do ride primarily sand dunes so I do want a sand only tire but only if its worth it. I have the Sand Snake rear paddle, so they would match also.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=13449&department=647&division=6
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline Arigato

Front sand tires
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 05:12:55 AM »
The Bridgestone M25 works really well in the sand.  Plus it's really light.

afritts4u

Front sand tires
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 02:40:04 AM »
I have seen those sand tires more often latly. Never rode with one though.