Author Topic: v force 2 reeds?? anyone help  (Read 8080 times)

Offline dan580,95 moto

v force 2 reeds?? anyone help
« on: March 25, 2015, 05:58:58 AM »
i have the supermoto mag featured 580, have been rebuilding for a while now, getting down to the last few bits, i was glad to see it had the force 2 set up in it untill i tried to get replacement reeds, i looked everywhere but they all had 12 petals, mine was 8 petals, after spending hours on the net and with help of doldguy on here, it appears to have a kx250 reed block as far as i can work out, the cage is small and doesn't fill the reed cavity in the barrel, the question is has this been done for a reason such as torque increase or just human error? i always found despite its dyno hp it never wanted to rev, does anyone know if all i have found is correct or did the earlier force have 8 petals and a smaller cage.if i need the proper set up 12 petals can anyone help PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASEEEEE with vf2.
after checking sandblaster brilliant thread on the cylinder cut and showing how poor the vf3' is i really dont want one, though i guess if i had to i would fit with a 10mm moose spacer. but in mind this increases the volume of air in cases below piston and will slow air speed to top of piston??
thanks guys hopefully someone wiser than me can help

Offline RoostiusMaximus

• Millar Racing Engines
Re: v force 2 reeds?? anyone help
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:23:48 AM »
2p127-1

Offline dan580,95 moto

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:25:34 AM »
that part comes back as replacement reeds for 12 petal kx500 which is good but i need complete vf2 set up for kx500. as i beleve the set up i have is kx250.
anyone got one for sale on here or know of anyone??

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 03:40:10 PM »
There's 2 vf2 250 valves the skinny one you have & there's a wider 250 valve also. The wider 250 fills the k5 hole. If you look on the manifold side of the valve the part # is usually raised there in the face.

You could look at the jet ski stuff. Just watch your width, once you've seen the skinny ones you can spot the wide ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-SXR-800-R-D-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-w-V-FORCE-DELTA-REED-VALVE-R-D-REED-SPACER-/121604242841?hash=item1c502d7d99&vxp=mtr
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline 81cr450

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:52:25 PM by 81cr450 »
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline RoostiusMaximus

• Millar Racing Engines
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 04:08:52 AM »
I have complete NEW reed assemblies on aluminum flanges available. Had a bunch of these for KX5 and CR5, down to some of the private stash now  :wink:

Offline dan580,95 moto

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 11:40:15 AM »
hello 81cr450, would be cool if i knew for sure they would go, i just want the 100% correct one for my bike, on  intake side I've got DM08, and only 8 petals which Im sure now are not correct for the bike, kx250 i beleve, like u said do fit the barrel but intake port is way to small compared to the 12 petal set up on that ebay listing, i emailed mototasserini and they have told me to look for the force 2 in a watercraft fittment or go for the 3, looking at the 3 with a spacer is a option especially as they says no probs with them etc. i can see after the cycl cut the reeds are restricted, but is this not the same as the v force 2 hitting on the cycle intake wall, they reckon they are designed to be like that so the reed curves,???? as opposed to hitting the intake wall on cycl on vf2. has anyone any proven dyno figs on both set ups????.
rooster I'm well up for a alu cage set up if u feel like selling one??? i will gladly line your pockets $$ depending. pm me if u are interested.
Thanks guys for help. :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline dan580,95 moto

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 12:27:41 PM »
ps the watercraft part number they gave me has a wider intake than the vf3 set up which has really been developed for the kx250. so once again i really dont want the vf3 set up. I'm so close to finishing my bike but just need get the reeds sorted pref vf2. appears they are as rare as rocking horse s**t, I'm gutted the vf2 i have aint the wider mouth set up with 12 petals.