Author Topic: Need help buying rotors.  (Read 1342 times)

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Need help buying rotors.
« on: March 10, 2005, 07:59:19 AM »
I was installing new pads on the 500 this afternoon and discover that the front rotor is warpped. I see that rockymountainmc.com has Tusk Off Road rotors for $49.00. My questions are 1) Has anybody used this brand of rotor :?: 2) Stainless steel or carbon steel rotor which is best :?: Thanks.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

mikesmith

Need help buying rotors.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 10:06:13 PM »
Ive never used one,but Ive read others that have used the Tusk brand were happy with there line of prouducts.Get the stainless steel rotor and let us know if you like it,there probally made by Braking or somebody anyway.

Offline Timbowe

Need help buying rotors.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »
I replaced both mine recently. the front is EBC gold coated colour. Has worn of on the contact area. But still looks the bizo. The rear is a Freddys. Exact copy laser cut item I'm fairly sure its S/Steel. Got bronze sintered pads as well. Hauls up great. Had heaps of lever travel in the front cause the disk was warped. Sharpened one finger item. The way I like it!
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Need help buying rotors.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 02:29:25 AM »
Thanks guys

I think I'm going with the tusk off road stainless rotors. For $49.00 I will get both front and rear. I hope to report back after they get installed.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com