Author Topic: Front fender  (Read 2677 times)

Offline GDubb

Front fender
« on: March 18, 2005, 09:32:59 AM »
What is the latest model front fender I can run on my '97 K5? or are the front fenders pretty universal? After getting my new rear fender, I realized that I really need a new front also and I just wanted to get the newest design possible and still keep the matching green as my bike isnt the later neon green.
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

jdv500

Front fender
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 10:40:49 AM »
hello,
acerbis,cycra and ufo all make em for us, all around $23, see gallery pg-4 if you want to see them installed. cycra front/ufo rear. both univeral fits.

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Front fender
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 01:35:04 AM »
jdv500,

That cycra front fender with the cooling vents. How good does that work in mud :?: Looks like a lot of mud can come through the vents and clog up around the radiators.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

jdv500

Front fender
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 02:42:45 AM »
due to the crazy weather here in n. ala. i've been riding in deep mud at times. for some reason, maybe the slow speeds thru the deep mud ponds my radiator area is the least place that i have to focus my cleaning. now, i do get a ton of mud and debris all at the pipe, exhaust port and skidplate. but also, where i ride there are several clear water streams to cross without even trying.
the cooling louvers are really lower then the rad, looking straight line they are in front of the exh port.

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Front fender
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 02:57:54 AM »
That's cool. I was just wonder on good it work or not worked.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

NastyNick

Front fender
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 11:45:48 AM »
Anybody watch Anaheim   1 supercross races on the tube (or where lucky enough to be there)?  Real mudy race if you didn't catch it.  The reason why I bring that up is that alot of the racers were running womens panyhose on their radiators louvers to prevent mud buildup.

see this pic: http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/gohuge/0,20859,801153_1016252,00.html

Good tip and inexpensive for those occasional rides/races in the mud.  Keep a pair of old pantyhose around.  Just try to explain to your wife when she catches you with nylons that aren't for her! :)

Rick

Front fender
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 02:35:43 PM »
I am using a front fender from a 2005 KX250.  Looks great.  However, if you run the front number plate without a light, you will need to use a hair dryer to heat the plate to reform it to fit on top of the new style fender.  A lot less work to modify than the rear fender.

Rick