Author Topic: Riding the SNORE track at Nellis.  (Read 4879 times)

Offline kxpegger

Riding the SNORE track at Nellis.
« on: May 31, 2014, 02:02:18 PM »
Southern Nevada Off Road

Trophy Trucks, Pre Runners, Modified and various other mean machines turned our trail into two feet of "poof" dirt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TZf7yYGh-YY

Forgot to mention I'm on my KX500AF.
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline Oblivious Maximus

Re: Riding the SNORE track at Nellis.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 01:35:52 AM »
 I hear ya. Some Jeep thing going on this weekend in my county. They line up single file and hammer the softer sand trails to a vapor. Don't get me wrong, I have a Jeep but I don't drive it on the bike trails. Suppose to rain tomorrow, that'll fix it good as new.

I've never ridden in the wide open space that you have. everything here (northern Mi.) is wooded, hills, sand, clay, tree roots, rocks and some dunes way down state. Not much traffic if you stay away from the towns but you do have to watch for deer. They bring you to a quick stop and bend your forks.

If you get to Michigan check this ride out.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/hmnf/null/recarea/?recid=30298&actid=93

Or this. I'm in Ogemaw co.

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html

Where the Hell is "Easy Street" ?

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 01:21:25 AM »
Was there a snore race out there this weekend? I was on my way back from the MRAN rainbow canyon gp and say two TT heading into vegas about 95/lamb, cool video, love that 500
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 12:56:25 PM »
I hear ya. Some Jeep thing going on this weekend in my county. They line up single file and hammer the softer sand trails to a vapor. Don't get me wrong, I have a Jeep but I don't drive it on the bike trails. Suppose to rain tomorrow, that'll fix it good as new.

I've never ridden in the wide open space that you have. everything here (northern Mi.) is wooded, hills, sand, clay, tree roots, rocks and some dunes way down state. Not much traffic if you stay away from the towns but you do have to watch for deer. They bring you to a quick stop and bend your forks.

If you get to Michigan check this ride out.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/hmnf/null/recarea/?recid=30298&actid=93

Or this. I'm in Ogemaw co.

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html

Definitely a different skill set dodging trees! We get some of that here at higher elevations but don't ride it enough to get very fast! There's quite a few mountains here with some single track and pines trees. There's also a ski resort here in Vegas about 30 miles from downtown. Mount Charleston at close to 12,000 feet. People that aren't from Vegas just think of this place as barren hot desert.
North Las Vegas

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 12:58:28 PM »
Was there a snore race out there this weekend? I was on my way back from the MRAN rainbow canyon gp and say two TT heading into vegas about 95/lamb, cool video, love that 500

IMS! One of these days we're going to have to do some riding together? You can show me around Pahrump.
North Las Vegas

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 01:23:25 AM »

IMS! One of these days we're going to have to do some riding together? You can show me around Pahrump.
Were going to have to, was talking with a buddy i've known a long time and he was telling me about this guy that rides a service honda k5, I'm thinking he was talking about you. I've known Link a long time. i wanna say he works with you.
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 08:50:32 AM »

Were going to have to, was talking with a buddy i've known a long time and he was telling me about this guy that rides a service honda k5, I'm thinking he was talking about you. I've known Link a long time. i wanna say he works with you.

Yep! Link D. Wants to get into two wheels but is always fixing his boats!
North Las Vegas